Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i did and it is really painful~ any suggestions to ease the pain.. i can sit the most comfortably,but walking and standing is a feat in itself.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
I had it in three areas in my back at once. It hurt to breathe. The best pain relief (albeit temporary) was a chiropractor.

Heat, relax, loosen the muscles surrounding the area....sometimes it will go away, at least for me.
Good luck!

Mini

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ May 25 2004, 09:43 AM)lol.. mini.... Cyndi, are you confused now??? ...

heat cold heat cold...
thanks guys.. made a dr. appt for today.. but not sure what good he will do for me. Is it worth the trip to see a dr. or is it something that just has to go away on its own with heat or cold?

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
found this....

"Although soaking in warm baths soothe and ease the pain, do not use heating pads at first while the nerve is inflamed. Prolonged heat draws the inflammation in, keeping the swelling high. Most doctors tell their patients to apply ice packs directly on the lower back area for about twenty minutes at a time, every couple of hours. Although this can feel like torture, the cold pack helps reduce swelling. Mineral ice is also great at soothing the pain and offering temporary relief. "

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Yes, I have had multiple back problems already and was in therapy this past Christmas.

They did heat treatments, which you can do at home with your heating pad, and intensive training to strengthen my muscles.

I also was prescribed muscle relaxers, Skelaxin and Valium.

If you need a doctor mine is in Harper Woods, let me know.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
MOTRIN, MOTRIN, MOTRIN. ANy antinflamitory. No heat!!! Listen to your peeps. They are right.

I have Spondolythesis, a recurring pinched nerve problem. I get this, two or three times a year.

Rest and antinflamitory's. A doctor will not give you anything strong at first. Motrin 400mg first. THat should help.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(JABBERJAWZ @ May 25 2004, 10:54 AM)YES! I did pinch my ciatic. Very painful

Went to the Chiropractor, patched me right up.
yes! me too! i went to a massuse and BAM! out in two visits!

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Ongoing problems for years . . . as you know!

ADVIL GELCAPS . . . LOTS of them . . . always are a great quick fix. The melt instantly and seem to go right to that nerve!

All the ideas above also work . . . though everyone is a little different.

I'd suggest soaking in the jacuzzi at STEVE's BAR with a cocktail. You'll be fine in NO time!!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I suffered from this when I was pregnant and it (on top of already horrible back problems) was really painful - the only thing that worked for me was to get up and walk off the pain. Not sure if that even helped but I couldn't stand, sit, or lay so that's what I had to do.

Anyways, I have all sorts of pills for back pain over here Cindy so if you want me to bring something by for you before you spend $90 on a Rx that might not work, give me a shout.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Yes!!!, I have a herneated disc at the L5-S1 vertabrea.
That translates to a pinched sciatic nerve. When I first went to my doctor, they gave me Vicodin-ES, Skelaxin muscle relaxer and 800mg Motrin. Killed the pain and half my brain cells too

You'll most likely be sent for an MRI.
I'm starting physical therapy in lie of surgery right now.
Chiropractor really helps. I go 3 times a week.

Hope everything works out Ok for you.

"Bend at the knees"

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
hope u r feeling better today rest allways helps .. l

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ May 26 2004, 07:41 AM)What happened at the doctors??
He gave me Skelaxin muscle relaxer and some pain reliever- not vicoden though b/c i am allergic.. then i was told to sleep on the floor last night! He tried to manipulate the muscles.. but that hurt to much.. my back is to wimpy to try to dig into the muscle tissue

Feeling tons better today!!
Thanks for all the tips.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts