Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
January 8, 2010

Rescuers called to Anchor Bay

Times Herald
IRA TWP. --- At least two people have been rescued after falling through ice on Anchor Bay, according to scanner traffic.

Several fire departments were called to the water behind the Raft restaurant, 7077 **** Road, about 15 minutes ago.

Crews are still on the scene and an official manning the phones at the Ira Township Fire Department could not provide further details.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rumor is they were all icefishing in the channel where the snowmobiles go through & had to bail in the water when the snowmobiles got too close!

just kidding.....

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
3 males on two sleds (one brand new) went through the ice. They were in the water for 13 minutes before being pulled out by IRA Twp Fire & Rescue. All three were transported to River District Hospital very cold! They were witnessed breaking through the ice by an off duty St. Clair Sheriff deputy, that was ice fishing near by. He placed the call to 911.
On scene were DNR conservation officers, St Clair County Sheriff, St Clair dive team, Ira Twp Fire dept with air boat, Clay Twp fire dept with air boat, New Baltimore Fire Dept with air boat, Coast Guard with air boat, and helicopter.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
My neighbor is starting up his sleds even as I type.

I told him what happened yesterday, he doesn't seem to care. I said no really right out there where you're heading. He said oh well. We'll see if he changes his mind.

Matt

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went past the DNR launch in Fair Haven at 9:30 this morning. Ira Twp fire Dept & an ambulance were there. Don't know if anything happened or they were just waiting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts