Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been so busy with school and things that my boat isnt in yet. Its almost ready, should be in by the weekend. Anybody else have this bummer hanging on them?

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
YES, ME.

With boat mechanical issues, torrential rain, graduations, deaths, birthdays, yard work, projects around the house (baby coming), and a few other factors I haven't even touched her!

Hoping to start this week after work a couple nights. But this weekend is my sisters graduation party so if the boat goes in it will have to be Sunday.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
We haven't launched it yet either. Right now it is at the mechanics and hopefully we will have her back soon!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
I was put in on Saturday and was told it may be ready by today. Blaz had to pull an engine due to a wasted engine coupler. Crossing my fingers!!!!

G

·
QUOTE(Bassneck @ Jun 14 2004, 11:00 AM)Been so busy with school and things that my boat isnt in yet. Its almost ready, should be in by the weekend. Anybody else have this bummer hanging on them?
SHAME ON YOU.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
us too .. boat was in storage up in WI, Mechanic was suppose to work on it here and there over the winter. For the last month he's been telling us ..... this weekend, it'll be ready... uhuh, so every weekend, we've held off any kind of plans thinking we have to drive up there to get it... <_< now we're hearing... this week or its free and he's suppose to drive it down here to us. If we don't hear back from him tomorrow, we're driving there to pick it up .. regardless..

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I have not been out on lake yet..

My boat has been waxed and good to go for almost a month. and been in water for almost as long.

Mechanics have been backed up thanks to the lovely rainy weather so far, and then a mechanical piece on my steering tilt wheel broke when they were gonna do the final test on everything.
Ordered the part last Wed, received on Friday, I installed today. Hopefully ready to run tommorow!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies, now I dont feel like a weenie not having it in yet. I hope all of you and myself are in very soon enoying one of life greatest pleasures. Oh, and boating too.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I'm in! I'm back at home port now.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Not in the water yet either. My husband built new motors over the winter, they were just installed by Lenny, we trailered her back home to Waterford for some more tweaking. Last night Ian ran each engine in the driveway on the hose (the neighbors just love that). They sounded good, we were hoping to test her this week, but the storms might keep that from happening until the weekend. By Sunday night we should be able to claim WE GOT HER WET

·
Registered
387 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Jun 14 2004, 11:47 PM)For the last month he's been telling us ..... this weekend, it'll be ready... uhuh, so every weekend, we've held off any kind of plans thinking we have to drive up there to get it...
That sound's all too familiar...

I've got Whipple dragging their asses in the mud right now. They can charge me $150 without hesitation, but heaven forbid they return one of my nine (yes, N-I-N-E) phone calls or three e-mails. Their customer service is a joke these days.

Hopefully, I'll be able to wrap up the project this weekend.. but I'm waiting for the marina up north to finish up the second motor installation.

This has been a nine month lesson in patience for me.

I'm not sure what we did, but the Sunsation god's are not happy at a few of us (Jon, Tom, me)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts