Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone here listens to Capt Dan's fishing report from Lakeside and takes his advise?

I am lookin to get some wallies this week and I am considering trollin at Gino's.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Capt dans reports are fairly reliable, but they are telling you what happened yesterday and last week, there have been eyes caught in that area, but you have to work at it, earlier the better, or later, especially with these long days, good luck.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 10/06
161 Posts
QUOTE(gldnrcher @ Jun 28 2009, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Capt dans reports are fairly reliable, but they are telling you what happened yesterday and last week, there have been eyes caught in that area, but you have to work at it, earlier the better, or later, especially with these long days, good luck.

We had walleye come in off our boats all weekend, some people are not even fishing for them. A couple people from Royal Oak yesterday were tossing cranks and caught everything 2 walleye, 1 pike , and 10 smallies. A couple other guys from out of state caught 1 on rapalas on Friday bass fishing

The last boat in on Saturday night brought 5 back, was not here so I didn't get the pic but these guys get them everytime they go out.

They are in the weeds 8-11 FOW, crawler harness slowwww trolling with bottom bouncers just above the weeds, it may be hard fishing but it produced nice fish all season. A couple guys are just drifting harnesses or a single hook w/split shots and producing nice fish.

The walleye have been there all season

We had the guy that does our motor work catch (not off our boat) a nice tagged 5lber that was from Lake Erie over 5 years ago the DNR told him. Thats 2 tagged Lake Erie walleyes within a week, the first one was tagged barely 30 days before the lady caught it off shore at Metro in 3ft

Come on by and we'll hook you up with the hot colors, we just got some new harnesses with some sweet blades that I've not really seen before

Hope To See You Soon

Fish On,

Jimmy's Boats & Baits
37934 Jefferson
Harrison Twp. MI. 48045
586-329-3811
jimmysboatsandbaits.com

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(Jimmy's @ Jun 29 2009, 05:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(gldnrcher @ Jun 28 2009, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Capt dans reports are fairly reliable, but they are telling you what happened yesterday and last week, there have been eyes caught in that area, but you have to work at it, earlier the better, or later, especially with these long days, good luck.

We had walleye come in off our boats all weekend, some people are not even fishing for them. A couple people from Royal Oak yesterday were tossing cranks and caught everything 2 walleye, 1 pike , and 10 smallies. A couple other guys from out of state caught 1 on rapalas on Friday bass fishing

The last boat in on Saturday night brought 5 back, was not here so I didn't get the pic but these guys get them everytime they go out.

They are in the weeds 8-11 FOW, crawler harness slowwww trolling with bottom bouncers just above the weeds, it may be hard fishing but it produced nice fish all season. A couple guys are just drifting harnesses or a single hook w/split shots and producing nice fish.

The walleye have been there all season

We had the guy that does our motor work catch (not off our boat) a nice tagged 5lber that was from Lake Erie over 5 years ago the DNR told him. Thats 2 tagged Lake Erie walleyes within a week, the first one was tagged barely 30 days before the lady caught it off shore at Metro in 3ft

Come on by and we'll hook you up with the hot colors, we just got some new harnesses with some sweet blades that I've not really seen before

Hope To See You Soon

Fish On,

Jimmy's Boats & Baits
37934 Jefferson
Harrison Twp. MI. 48045
586-329-3811
jimmysboatsandbaits.com

Now there is a report. Much better than Capt'n Dans.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would have to agree! That is a awesome report! Will stop by and talk this week PU some of those harnesses you talked about and get some crawlers.

Here is my Walleye tip. I was up at Hubbard Lake last weekend and I saw some locals trolling planar boards with Husky Jerks. Produced some nice fish. Sure covered alot of ground.

C U at Gino's!

Jim

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Jimmy's and nautical mile bp give much better and more accurate reports than capt. dan Just my Opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts