Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have seen quite a few boats for sale on craigs list for between $1400 and $2500. The only thing is that I know there are some at a the higher level that are willing to come down, they just need to be haggled. I dont feel like haggling. I have $1500 maybe $1750 if its a steal. I know there are alot of people in need of money, including myself. I am out of work, but I have saved a little money and would be willing to eat like crap for awhile to get a fishing boat.

So ideally I would like a 14'- 16' , aluminum, fishing boat with motor and trailer.

I have seen deals like these, currently on craigslist,
I am just curious whats available on here.

there are other obvious differentiations which I am sure will come about , so those will play a role in the process of deciding.

either respond on here or email me at [email protected]

I will give it some time and see what either comes in or I find myself.

And yeah I know this should of been posted somewhere else, but there is most traffic here.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Good luck with your search. There's tons of boats like the one you mention sitting behing garages and in people's back yards just waiting to be picked up. If I were you, I'd even post notes on bulletin boards like what you see at Gander Mtn, gas stations, sporting goods stores, your gym, whatever.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Sometimes just going for a few hours driving your car along waterfront property you can find people with boats on their driveways for sale, that you won't find in the paper or online. If you got the time for that, it's a good idea as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Large Mouth Peks @ Jun 15 2009, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sometimes just going for a few hours driving your car along waterfront property you can find people with boats on their driveways for sale, that you won't find in the paper or online. If you got the time for that, it's a good idea as well.

Thats a great idea !!! I will do that in the morning I didnt even think about that. Maybe I will even go and check out postings at some spots.

And yeah that posting about stolen goods on craigs list. I was kind of wondering about that too..

Thanks for all the advice so far guys, I am glad I posted here, you guys are very helpful all the time

·
Registered
96 Posts
QUOTE(Wishin2bFishin @ Jun 15 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have seen quite a few boats for sale on craigs list for between $1400 and $2500. The only thing is that I know there are some at a the higher level that are willing to come down, they just need to be haggled. I dont feel like haggling. I have $1500 maybe $1750 if its a steal. I know there are alot of people in need of money, including myself. I am out of work, but I have saved a little money and would be willing to eat like crap for awhile to get a fishing boat.

So ideally I would like a 14'- 16' , aluminum, fishing boat with motor and trailer.

there are other obvious differentiations which I am sure will come about , so those will play a role in the process of deciding.

And yeah I know this should of been posted somewhere else, but there is most traffic here.
yet another great FISHING REPORT!!!

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(druppydrawers @ Jun 15 2009, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yet another great FISHING REPORT!!!

Easy now. We've been over this more than a few times now. It's reports and "tips." If a guy needs advice, or is looking for something, or some info related to fishing, then it can stay here. There's a few "boat" threads going on between here and the Fishin Hole and they could really go in either one. Here a guy is looking for a boat, and he acknowledges it doesn't quite fit here, but it gets the most views. This is where a mod isn't a robot and can say, "the dude needs help finding a boat so he can go fishing, so let's leave his thread alone." He's not selling anything and he's gotten several "tips" on where to find fishing boats for sale.

This is one reason why alot of us just wanted it to be "fishing" and then anything fishing related could go in here without getting folks in a tizzy just because it's not a fish/date/place/time/bait/depth.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(druppydrawers @ Jun 15 2009, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Wishin2bFishin @ Jun 15 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have seen quite a few boats for sale on craigs list for between $1400 and $2500. The only thing is that I know there are some at a the higher level that are willing to come down, they just need to be haggled. I dont feel like haggling. I have $1500 maybe $1750 if its a steal. I know there are alot of people in need of money, including myself. I am out of work, but I have saved a little money and would be willing to eat like crap for awhile to get a fishing boat.

Well lets just say that I will give you a great fishing report when I am able to get off the shore and go fishing

Are you female?

·
Registered
958 Posts
QUOTE(Wishin2bFishin @ Jun 16 2009, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(druppydrawers @ Jun 15 2009, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Wishin2bFishin @ Jun 15 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have seen quite a few boats for sale on craigs list for between $1400 and $2500. The only thing is that I know there are some at a the higher level that are willing to come down, they just need to be haggled. I dont feel like haggling. I have $1500 maybe $1750 if its a steal. I know there are alot of people in need of money, including myself. I am out of work, but I have saved a little money and would be willing to eat like crap for awhile to get a fishing boat.

Well lets just say that I will give you a great fishing report when I am able to get off the shore and go fishing

Are you female?

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
TIP:

Also check out Mike's Marine in St. Clair Shores just south of 10 mile. They have a huge board outside with boats for sale.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
QUOTE(druppydrawers @ Jun 15 2009, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Wishin2bFishin @ Jun 15 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have seen quite a few boats for sale on craigs list for between $1400 and $2500. The only thing is that I know there are some at a the higher level that are willing to come down, they just need to be haggled. I dont feel like haggling. I have $1500 maybe $1750 if its a steal. I know there are alot of people in need of money, including myself. I am out of work, but I have saved a little money and would be willing to eat like crap for awhile to get a fishing boat.

Damn guy, lighten up. You really needed to put energy into typing that? This guy is looking for TIPS on how to find a cheap boat. Get a clue...

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I saw a boat on the east side of romeo plank north of 20 mile. Aluminum, on trailer, with motor. I cant remember the exact address or location, but get on romeo plank and head north, look left. may be north of 21, not sure but the house has a driveway onto romeo plank.

·
Registered
377 Posts
QUOTE(BCBpIV @ Jun 16 2009, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I saw a boat on the east side of romeo plank north of 20 mile. Aluminum, on trailer, with motor. I cant remember the exact address or location, but get on romeo plank and head north, look left. may be north of 21, not sure but the house has a driveway onto romeo plank.

I think that boat is north of 22 for sure but i want to say it is just after 24mile no motor but a boat and trailer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well Ive increased my budget to $2500 for the right boat. You know the first couple weeks of not eating isnt so bad. Hopefully I get a boat soon so I can start spending money on food

[email protected]

email if you have a boat for sale ( aluminum, wide, motor, trailer )

I know to some this may disapoint them that I am on here posting this. If it really bothers you find me a boat

·
Registered
78 Posts
QUOTE(druppydrawers @ Jun 15 2009, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Wishin2bFishin @ Jun 15 2009, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have seen quite a few boats for sale on craigs list for between $1400 and $2500. The only thing is that I know there are some at a the higher level that are willing to come down, they just need to be haggled. I dont feel like haggling. I have $1500 maybe $1750 if its a steal. I know there are alot of people in need of money, including myself. I am out of work, but I have saved a little money and would be willing to eat like crap for awhile to get a fishing boat.

You are quick to complain, yet I notice you don't have much advice to offer. If you dont like it, the go somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
QUOTE(Wishin2bFishin @ Jun 20 2009, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well Ive increased my budget to $2500 for the right boat. You know the first couple weeks of not eating isnt so bad. Hopefully I get a boat soon so I can start spending money on food

[email protected]

email if you have a boat for sale ( aluminum, wide, motor, trailer )

I know to some this may disapoint them that I am on here posting this. If it really bothers you find me a boat

PM sent

1 - 18 of 18 Posts