Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would running the washer with sediment blocking the cold inlet fry the pump? While cleaning sediment from the kitchen I realized the washer hadn't cycled. When I checked it the pump was running but nothing was coming out. I blew out the line (but forgot to clean the inlet screen). Did I just kill my fill pump?

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
QUOTE(nitwit @ Sep 22 2009, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>would running the washer with sediment blocking the cold inlet fry the pump? While cleaning sediment from the kitchen I realized the washer hadn't cycled. When I checked it the pump was running but nothing was coming out. I blew out the line (but forgot to clean the inlet screen). Did I just kill my fill pump?

As far as I'm aware, no one actually has a "fill pump" on a washer (clothes washer or dish washer). There are just electrical valves that turn the water on, and it uses water pressure to fill the tub.

When there's sediment or other stuff blocking the filters, it just takes MUCH MUCH longer to do a load of wash, and the rinse cycle doesn't work all that well.

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
what kind of washer is this? I re-read your post and when it said "kitchen", I was thinking dishwasher, but then I saw "cold water" and thought it must be a clothes washer....

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was distracted by the sediment in my kitchen faucet and didn't notice the washer had stopped. My wife was just able to watch our daughter and I cleaned it out real well. The inlet screen was gunked up. Thanks all...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts