Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be shopping for new appliances soon. I can't decide if I want stainless or black. I heard that stainless shows fingerprints really bad and is a pain to clean. Also looking for opinions on brands. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Focker @ Apr 16 2003, 01:16 PM)I'm going to be shopping for new appliances soon. I can't decide if I want stainless or black. I heard that stainless shows fingerprints really bad and is a pain to clean. Also looking for opinions on brands. Any help is appreciated.
We have a stainless oven with a black stovetop. Everything else we have is black. No problems here.

Go to Lowes. We got all out appliances there. They beat any other store's price by 10%

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Go see my friend at ABC on Hall.....he will beat any deal you can get. Shop around and when your ready to buy....see him.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I love the Stainless Refrigerators! My brother just picked one out for his new house...gorgeous.

Of course I heard someone say once you go with black, you never go back....
Not sure if they meant appliances.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Apr 16 2003, 02:20 PM)Go see my friend at ABC on Hall.....he will beat any deal you can get. Shop around and when your ready to buy....see him.
When you walk in to ABC, you will just have to go up to every employee; "Are you rerun's friend? ... Are you rerun's friend? ..." until you find the right guy.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
We just purchased all new appliances for our house. We were also torn on stainless vs. black or white. We decided on white to match our decor. We purchased the GE "Profile " collection which is offers a more sleek design and also offers more features than GE's standard products. I spent a lot of time reviewing different manufactures products and did a lot of comparisons. We bought a gas stove, dishwasher, and a side by side fridge from Sargent Appliance located on Gratiot and 16 mile Rd. They had the best prices as it pertained to the GE Profile Collection.

Sargent has some really great pricing that NOBODY ELSE even came close to. I have driven past that place a million times and never thought twice about stopping. I was told a lot of people from the east side shop there. Ask for Dave....Hope this helps

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Stainless would be my choice given the kitchen was large enough. You know a refrigerator built into the wall, maybe a stainless range TOP on an island or something... oh yeah!

I went with white as well when I purchased. Wish I would have gotten a gas stove rather than the flat-top; though it looks the bomb!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Apr 16 2003, 02:43 PM)Wish I would have gotten a gas stove rather than the flat-top; though it looks the bomb!
I've got gas!

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Apr 16 2003, 02:44 PM)QUOTE(pauligan @ Apr 16 2003, 02:43 PM) Wish I would have gotten a gas stove rather than the flat-top; though it looks the bomb!
I've got gas!

She's talking about a Stove!

I went with Black... all Kenmore. Just broke wide with the Sears Plastic... Haven't had any problems yet! (knock on wood)

I felt it went best with the natural Maple cabinets and dark brow counter tops...

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your help everyone, but no one really answered the question about finger prints on stainless and it being a pain to clean.... is there such a thing as a self cleaning refrigerator??? I would be all about that. and I'm not talking about cleaning out the beer and food either!!!

The kitchen cabinets are red cherry with black glazing. The counter tops are going to be hunter green and there is an island, but the stove is in the main cabinet area. My kitchen, breakfast nook, and great room are all open. I plan on getting a hunter green sectional leather couch. Not sure about the entertainment center yet... probably use the old one for now.
Maybe I'll just have both delivered to the house, see what looks better then send the other back.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Since you have a nice fresh start for your kitchen pitch the idea of GE don't bother there "high end" isn't all its cracked up to be. If the debate is black or stainless, well stainless shows prints but black shows eveything finger prints and dust, think of a black car nothing looks better when its -clean- problem, keeping it that way. stainless has never been out of style as they say... timeless. Do the Expo center,great indoors and the showroom off opdyke in auburns hills sorry forgot the name i'll post it tomarrow starts with an I????

Cheer (on my time now)
Tony

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
There is a manufacturer that supposed to not reveal smudges and finger prints. Even if not...a little Windex cleans them right off.

I vote for stainless...does it ever become out dated????

It's not like avacado green and that yellow

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I have white appliances, Focker, it makes a clean kitchen and open's it up a little more...and believe me, I have a small kitchen.

But I agree with Pauligan, if your kitchen is large enough, go with Stainless...it's classy looking!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
stainless does show figer prints, i had a stainless dishwasher...
switched it to an actual oak front now...

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
hey, are you a pot head focker? - love the name change..

... let me know what you go with!... I'm in the market for new appliances too.. my debate is with the stainless vs white though. Love stainless... not sure if it best suits my kitchen though...

I'm hoping I can just sit back and watch this thread for a while without much research on my part, then just buy... I'm banking on the input from manana on pricing for sure!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(TheWiz @ Apr 16 2003, 03:12 PM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Apr 16 2003, 02:44 PM) QUOTE(pauligan @ Apr 16 2003, 02:43 PM) Wish I would have gotten a gas stove rather than the flat-top; though it looks the bomb!
I've got gas!

She's talking about a Stove!
So was I.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(garydebs @ Apr 16 2003, 03:17 PM)There is a manufacturer that supposed to not reveal smudges and finger prints. Even if not...a little Windex cleans them right off.
Doesn't reveal smudges and finger prints... I'm there!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts