Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last week or so I keep coming home to find the day's copy of The Detroit News on my porch. Only we don't subscribe to it!!

I thought we were getting it by mistake and I figured that they would find out the error and stop sending it.

Only today, on April Fool's Day, I come home to find like twenty days worth of newspapers on my porch!!! I mean like all over the damn porch!!!!!!!

But I know who did it! Ha ha, very funny and all that! It's a buddy of mine (not an LSCN peep) who thought he'd be cute.

Here's the problem. I come in and I check my messages on the answering machine after finding this mess... There's a message from The Detroit News stating that one of their carriers has submitted a formal complaint: that my name was given to them by a nieghbor, citing me as the person who MAY have been taking their newspapers for the last 3 weeks! And a bunch of my other neighbors too!!!!!!!!

What the hell??!!! I don't even LIKE the Detroit News, let alone want to steal from my neighbors. And why would I leave them on my own porch after I took them??!! I called the News and the idiot I spoke to said there was a note in his system about our street and how this has been ongoing "for some time". Then he tells me that they show my address as a "possible culprit" and that in the past "kids have been known to pull similar pranks" from this address!!!!

He transferred me to some lady that said she couldn't comment on it and that all she can say is the "authorities have been notified" and for me to expect to hear from them soon.

An hour ago, there was a knock on my door and St. Clair Shores finest is on my porch!!! They're "investigating" a complaint by the News that the "kids" here have been stealing MANY of my neighbor's papers for "MONTHS" and that this is somehow a felony!!!

I'm totally pissed. My buddy went WAY too far this time. I'm gonna seriously either kick his a$$; or do you think I should send the cops to his place????

This has gone too far! He also did some other pranks a while back that put CBJ and his band of merry pranksters to shame!!! I seriously want this jerk to knock it off. The problem is if I tell the cops about him, he'll get busted for this (and he's got a warrant out for his arrest for another thing). So I'll be sending him to jail, possibly for a while because of this!

Am I being too harsh to call the cops on HIM? The cops told me they'll get a search warrant for my home AND WORK if I don't somehow confess to it or let them in to my house to find out for themselves!!!!!!

Man, this sucks! All because of some inconsiderate prick I USED to call my friend

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tango 7 @ Apr 1 2004, 08:13 PM)Dude, Don't tell them it was me. I am sorry. I dont want to go back to jail.
Call me or the jig is up, fool!

Seriously, that was boag!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
Is this FOR REAL?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
what else did he do????

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Pandora @ Apr 1 2004, 09:07 PM)what else did he do????

Who Tango 7? God only knows.

But the real culprit did THIS!!!! TO MY CHILD NONETHELESS!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I just talked to a friend of mine who's tight with this other loser friend of ours who I'm sure did it. He said this dude is definitely the type to take a prank too far. Figures.

Now I have to respond to the SCS Police department within 10 days. They said they would be back if I didn't show up to the station with the newspapers!!!

WTF!

I'm lost. I have never done anything childish like that before in my life. Yeah I made fun of it with the pic of my son under about a quarter of the papers this fool left here, but this is for real!!!

I wanna call my buddy and let him have it, but seriously if they get him, he's truly going away for a while. He's a nice guy, but he did some stuff back in the day that apparently he hasn't paid his dues for yet. Serious warrants and stuff!

My wife and I are totally stressing over this! She's 6 1/2 months pregnant! She doesn't need that kind of stress from some a$$hole friend of mine.

Any ideas of what to do???

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Your selling it but I'm not buying it.....come on. The paper police showed up at your house and are going to get a search warrent for the papers.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(rerun @ Apr 1 2004, 10:13 PM)Your selling it but I'm not buying it.....come on. The paper police showed up at your house and are going to get a search warrent for the papers.

If you knew this "buddy" of mine you'd see it's just one more thing that falls in line of "him having fun" while everyone else pays the price.

This guy could sneeze at Costco and I'd get arrested at Wal Mart for shoplifting! He's bad luck, bad news and he's gots a background that makes him "notorious" or whatever you wanna call it.

If I wanted to make stuff up I'm sure I could do better than newspaper theft.

That's how I instantly knew it was an April fools thing. Except now I'm getting screwed for his prank.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Well don't forget to suppost LSCN sponsors! Simasko, Simasko, & Simasko P.C. or you could just click on the banner add on the right of your screen. Got a legal question? Ask the Attorney. How many years am I looking at per paper stolen?

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
QUOTE(Campari @ Apr 1 2004, 10:23 PM)Except now I'm getting screwed for his prank.
At least you're getting sex during this whole ordeal!!!

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmmm...

Normally I would think you guys were funny. The only problem is I don't get it.

Seriously, I guess I can say thank you for the support (????
????)

I guess I knew what I was getting into posting this on April 1st. Thanks a lot for help with something I'm seriosuly concerned about.

Nevermind my post, let's just let it die. I'm serous but whatever. Just let it go!!!

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Campari,
My brotha from anotha motha,
If this is truly a serious problem you're having, I'd be glad to help.
I know a few peeps in the law enforcement business, also a few paisans....

I am NINJA....I will kill for Campari!!!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Take all the papers to the cops and give them his adress and your story... <_<

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
first you said you had a shi!! load of papers, now we see them al over your son...did you sit him on the porch?. It looks like you're the only one who had a good PG joke played on you!

I'm so ready to cause trouble right now pm me

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Tell your "buddy" to fess up to SCS PD or you will be happy to provide them with a name and address. It's one thing to cover for a friend to keep him/her out of hot water, but when it means putting your own a$$ in the pot, sorry, I cant afford to go that route.

If he has prior's, and current outstanding warrants, sounds like he has more problems that HE needs to handle as he grows up. He made the bed, let him lay in it.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well the jig is up!

I thought I knew for a fact that the person who left all the papers on my porch was a LSCNer. So I made up the rest of the story about my buddy, the cops and the rest to try to flush that person out; try to make them feel bad about it. Only problem is, it really was a buddy of mine that's not on the board (he called me and fessed up to it this morning). He doesn't really have warrants or anything. And now since he fessed up to it I can't even turn the joke back around on him.

I suck at practical jokes. Sometimes I'm a total boob!!

Thanks for playing along though.

And Thanks for offering to kill someone for me Ken. I love ya brother!!

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
QUOTE(Campari @ Apr 2 2004, 12:40 PM)And Thanks for offering to kill someone for me Ken. I love ya brother!!

I am NINJA...my lethal thumb is at your disposal

1 - 20 of 20 Posts