Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please let me know!

Do you work for a small, medium, or large size company?

I'm trying to change the policy where I work.

I can't find anything under OSHA that it is not allowed. However, I found several articles relating to open-toed shoes and hazards.

I have so many open-toed shoes for the summer and hope not to be stuck wearing my conservative, winter shoes all year long.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I think it all depends on where you work and what the safety regulations are there. My old job I could in the office, but not out on the shop floor. Were I am now, there is no real dress code or safety regulations that I have to follow but I just wouldn't wear them here. Too much heavy equipment around.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
We wear open toed shoes, usually you can't if you are in a manufacturing (or plant) environment. Most of my jobs have allowed it. We can also wear sleeveless shirts and capri pants, no jeans though.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I work in a large office for the CEO of the corporation and i wear open toed shoes all the time... i also wear jeans, capris and tank tops.. weather permitting!!!!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i do work in a manufacturing setting, however, i'm in the front office and am rarely out back. my suggestion to change the policy is that who ever works in the office can wear open-toed, but must change before going into the shop. no one up front frequently visits out back.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I know I'm not allowed to wear them here.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
All I did was kept a spare pair of shoes at work just in case I had to go on the shop floor and that was cool.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I work and have worked in law firms for 14 years and in all of them there was a policy against open-toed shoes.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(edeenorog @ May 6 2004, 02:54 PM)What I should have added was that as I sit here and type this, I have on a pair of open-toed pumps.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
It is not supposed to be allowed in the healthcare industry either. Anytime I am going to one of the hospitals, I make sure I am not wearing open toed shoes. I hate it because sandals are my fa*vo*rite - TODAY I saw two hospital employees wearing open toed shoes though so I think I am going to ask about it ...

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
It's not professional...but, I think some old grey haired ladies made the rules.....I worked for a bank a number of years and unfortunately worked with one of the ladies....She actually had me go home and change out of my beautiful sandals and slacks and put on a skirt with closed toe shoes. What a freakin' beotch from [email protected] <_<

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ May 6 2004, 10:49 PM)It's not professional...but, I think some old grey haired ladies made the rules.....I worked for a bank a number of years and unfortunately worked with one of the ladies....She actually had me go home and change out of my beautiful sandals and slacks and put on a skirt with closed toe shoes. What a freakin' beotch from [email protected]

Total BS
That is discrimination. You can wear pants anytime you want!

·
Registered
320 Posts
At my "old" job at AAM, we were not allowed to wear open-toed shoes..........but, I did anyways!!
The policy was to wear nylons and closed-toed shoes, but me & the other girls in my office just starting wearing them and nobody said anything. Except, one time the Manager of HR seen me outside when we were leaving work, and was slightly upset that I was wearing sandals. I just acted like I didn't know I couldn't wear them......and I continued to do so!!

It really all depends on the people you work with. Sometimes they don't even bother to notice and of course...there are those pain in the arses that want to make life difficult for you........just because they usually are miserable people themselves!!

But, in keep in mind........with me......I always seem to go against the grain!!
If I think the rules are stupid, I have a tendency to do the opposite! Maybe that's why I'm unemployed!! <_< hee hee

1 - 19 of 19 Posts