Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know Muskie Bob is a legend and all that , but I have to disagree with him on the fact that you can catch more and bigger fish casting then you can trolling . Fact, the largest confirmed muskie caught from the pond was caught last week by a troller, 40lbs. 11 oz. I myself have had a 17 fish day and know of many others that have caught many more then that for a single day's fishing while trolling. In 25 outings on my boat this year I have boated 115 muskie's . I'm not trying to knock casting for muskie's , Just passing on Info . I have casted a lot in the past for muskie but never on Lake St. Clair and we always considered it a good day if we at least had a follow . The past weekend my boat finished first place in the MOMC Oct. derby with a 34 pound 7 oz. fish after we took the fish to the scale we took her back out to the lake for a good release so someone else can have a thrill. Please remember catch , photo and release . Tight lines , Bob

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bob , When I made my first comment I was talking about Lake St. Clair muskie fishing . I know that a lot of monsters have been caught fishing other locations while casting . I have heard about a fish that is at a local taxidermist right now that was netted off wapole Is. that went 42.5 lbs . And a few years ago there was a story in the paper about a big fish taken of her spawning bed by a fly fisherman . I would like to think that theres a forty with my name on it out there . Was Minics fish weighted on certified scales ? The 34lbs. 7 oz. fish we caught on Sunday was spitting up shad while we were removing the hooks from her . We caught her in the same general area that Bill caught his 40 lber. There are a lot of shad in that area and I think that some of the river muskie are following the shad from the river to the lake . These shad provide more protein and fat for the muskie . Our fish was only 49 3/4" long and I think Bills was only 50 3/4" . By the way I live in southest Mi. and spent most of my life here . (the fishing is to good to live anywere else
)Tight lines , Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.