Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wish you could all see it out here. The wind is blowing like crazy. HUGE whitecaps on the river. The wind blew doors open, the windows are all rattling. The trees look like they are going to be blown over! Its so noisy with all this. So much for the peace & quiet of Harsens.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I used those exact words this morning at work!

SYNOPSIS
LOW PRESSURE OF 29.70 INCHES OVER SOUTHWEST ONTARIO HAS
A COLD FRONT EXTENDING ACROSS THE WESTERN GREAT LAKES. THE LOW OVER
ONTARIO WILL WEAKEN THIS AFTERNOON...WHILE A SECONDARY LOW PRESSURE
CENTER RAPIDLY DEVELOPS OVER CENTRAL LOWER MICHIGAN...REACHING 29.60
INCHES BY LATE AFTERNOON. THIS LOW WILL DEEPEN TO 29.40 INCHES AS IT
MOVES TOWARD JAMES BAY TONIGHT. ANOTHER LOW WILL TRACK THROUGH
NORTHWEST ONTARIO AT 29.40 INCHES ON WEDNESDAY...AND BRING ANOTHER
STRONG COLD FRONT ACROSS THE GREAT LAKES BY WEDNESDAY NIGHT. HIGH
PRESSURE WILL THEN BUILD INTO THE REGION ON THURSDAY.

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT

GALE FORCE WINDS EXPECTED TUESDAY THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT

THIS AFTERNOON
SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS...BECOMING
SOUTHWEST 15 TO 25 KNOTS. MOSTLY CLOUDY. SHOWERS WITH A CHANCE OF
THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 1 TO 2 FEET.

TONIGHT
SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS...BECOMING WEST TO 30
KNOTS LATE. MOSTLY CLOUDY. SCATTERED SHOWERS WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF
THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 2 TO 3 FEET.

TUESDAY
WEST GALES TO 35 KNOTS. MOSTLY CLOUDY DURING THE MORNING.
PARTLY SUNNY DURING THE AFTERNOON. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET.

TUESDAY NIGHT
WEST GALES TO 35 KNOTS...BECOMING SOUTHWEST TO 30
KNOTS...DECREASING TO 10 TO 20 KNOTS. PARTLY CLOUDY. WAVES 2 TO 4
FEET...SUBSIDING TO AROUND 1 FOOT.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Batten down the hatches!!!

I always loved watching a good storm, as long as there are no injuries or damage.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
yeah the weather here in Southfield sucks too.. i was going to run out for lunch, but no umbrella.. so i resorted to the deli here at work... they make yummy grilled cheeses though ;-)
Have fun watching the storm.. sit back with a cup of tea.. or a cocktail and a blanket and watch away... storms on the water are awesome.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love thunderstorms, lightning. But do not like these high winds. The river looks like aholiday weekend when there is alot of boat traffic. I think there should be large craft advisories.
I am ready to go to Florida now...............

OMG! As I sat here typing this I look out....a large boat is cruising up river! He looks like he is handling it ok. hmmm

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Well, at least Fall hasn't started yet.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
hmm... perhaps I should have closed my upstairs windows....

oh well, if a hurricane blew through up there I don't think I would notice!! **yes, funny only to me**

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Sep 22 2003, 12:45 PM)hmm... perhaps I should have closed my upstairs windows....

oh well, if a hurricane blew through up there I don't think I would notice!! **yes, funny only to me**
Not only funny to you. I can relate. Unfinished projects and not enough storage for the stuff I have mysteriously collected. More of my house looks like that right now, then I care to admit. <_< Parting with you maniacs all summer hasn't helped my house any, but it sure has helped my attitude.

·
Registered
530 Posts
OK so I picked the boy up from school today and he says dad I think we should go out on the boat today. I tried to explain to him that the lake would probably be rough enough to swallow the boat. ( it's only a 23') He comes back with kinda like taking the truck offroading rough and swallowed like when we drove into the river. Kids never seem to forget the dumb things we do.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it has calmed down somewhat. But the wind is still pretty strong. The whitecaps are out there, just not as many or as rough ...and guess what we see???? A little 21 footer out there trolling! Now THAT is a die hard fisherman.

·
Registered
530 Posts
QUOTE(MrsSunbum @ Sep 22 2003, 04:10 PM)Well it has calmed down somewhat. But the wind is still pretty strong. The whitecaps are out there, just not as many or as rough ...and guess what we see???? A little 21 footer out there trolling! Now THAT is a die hard fisherman.

do you mean die EASY fisherman. just stupid

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.