Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate talking on the phone so much that I have lost several friendships over it...
anybody else that is not a fan?

curiously,
p

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Umm, NOT a fan of the phone, unless I'm in the car and bored out of mind. I get a lot of stuff handled while I commute to and from work.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I spend a lot more time on the phone than I like to. <_< mostly cuz of business though. I do have a buddy that can talk forever on the phone, but I don't mind it with him cuz we hardly ever have the time to get together any more.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Your not?!?!?!?
REeeeeeeeaaaaalllllllyyyyyy!?!!?!!!?!

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I HATE the phone.... I can't say I've ever lost a friendship over it but I only answer the phone if I have something to say and that's not too often. I think it has something to do with my job. In the course of my 8 hour midnight shift I answer close to 100 calls... every night.... AHHHH!!!!! lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
I used to love talking on the phone and then we went to 2 cell phones to save money.......now our house sounds like that Sprint therapy commercial!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes.....and we signed up for 2 years!!!!!

Can you hear me now?????????

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
My cell is the only phone I have. I got rid of my home phone about 6 months ago. I hate having the silence in my home interrupted by that annoying ring. I have an awesome plan on my cell too... so that helps.... way cheaper then my home phone ever was and more minutes then I'd ever know what to do with.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
not really (believe it or not). mostly because my phone rings so much that it annoys me. like i'll be talking to someone important, then it'll beep, iignore it, then the person will call back instead of leaving a message, so when i click over (sort of irately) and find out it's not important, it's very frustrating. then when i switch back to the original person and one minute later it beeps again....grrrrrrrrrr!!!! lol!

i, too, only have my cell. easier that way. and one less bill i have to pay, which is GREAT!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I hate the phone. No call should be more than 3 or 4 minutes.
For example .... What Bar are you at, be there in 20 minutes, good bye.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I first got my cell a few years ago, I was so addicted to it that I couldn't go an hour with out checking for it... after a few $300 bills I cancelled it and got used to life without, now, outside of one or two people, it's mostly just **bleah**

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
and it's good for 2am OPA calls! lol!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I only really talk to one particular person on the phone- but, in general i get annoyed when my phone keeps ringing~ but on the other hand it is nice to know people are thinking about you
So the answer to your question... YES and NO

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Not really a phone fan. I prefer face to face, weather doing business or talking with friends.

Funny how so many hear don't like phones but we'll pass messages back and forth on this board all day.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not too weird; I've always communicated better in writing than in person!

Getting better at it, though!

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
My work day consists of MANY phone conversations, I don't like to be interrupted at home. My cell doesn't bug me when I'm out and about...

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
I don't mind the phone... depends on who I'm talking to and what we're talking about.
The phone can always be put on ignore.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts