Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I just wonder... how many people out there actually like who they are, what they look like, etc....

understanding there is always room for improvement, but I sooo rarely meet anybody that just accepts themselves and loves themselves completely for the the good bad and indifferent.

Personally, I've stopped the obsession... just going to go with the flow of the physical part of life and workout when I want (or don't want), eat when I want (or don't want) etc... and feel quite at peace not worrying how I will be interpretted by others nor thinking I'm not good enough.

but don't know anybody else on this track...

anybody?

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
I am NINJA....I like me, and f**k what anyone else thinks

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Apr 28 2004, 11:33 AM)workout when I want (or don't want),
yes, haven't seen you in a while at the gym

nothing wrong with self-improvement, being the best that you can, laziness should not be confused with a high selfworth/acceptance

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Apr 28 2004, 12:33 PM)I sooo rarely meet anybody that just accepts themselves and loves themselves completely
I won't say it.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Thats a great question Pauline. Sometimes I am very content, then other times I feel like I could have improvments. Just depends on how I am feeling. I try to be happy and consider myself blessed for what I have and who I am, but their are things that I am still looking for..............

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Pretty content with myself. Wish I could get back up to running my 6 miles, but right now only at 4 miles...with determination...I'll get there!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I am what I am...I am what I am....sang in my vewwwy best Popeye voice

Only thing I'm not happy with is my weight....other than that, I like myself and my attitude

Again, it's the others that don't like me that can p1$$ off (nobody from here
)

NINJA has the best attitude

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Apr 28 2004, 11:33 AM)

I just wonder... how many people out there actually like who they are, what they look like, etc....

understanding there is always room for improvement, but I sooo rarely meet anybody that just accepts themselves and loves themselves completely for the the good bad and indifferent.

Personally, I've stopped the obsession... just going to go with the flow of the physical part of life and workout when I want (or don't want), eat when I want (or don't want) etc... and feel quite at peace not worrying how I will be interpretted by others nor thinking I'm not good enough.

but don't know anybody else on this track...

anybody?
I agree with you.. i am VERY happy with myself...
Inever feel then eed to complain about any part of me....

I do envy you though.. I never really hear you complain to much about yourself! And i love the fact that you eat whatever you want when you want...

·
Registered
530 Posts
I guess I'm with jabberjaws. i'm pretty content where i'm at in life . got a great wife and a great kid. all the bills are met with enough extra to use the toys. I wouldn't concider myself overweight or a total a$$hole (o.k. maybe sometimes) Right now life is great but i think there's alway room for improvement. but I honestly don't care- I'm satisfied. now lets drink

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Apr 28 2004, 12:33 PM)

Always a bit of room for improovement on this or that, but yea, I am actually extatic to be me.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(JABBERJAWZ @ Apr 28 2004, 12:44 PM)Thats a great question Pauline. Sometimes I am very content, then other times I feel like I could have improvments. Just depends on how I am feeling. I try to be happy and consider myself blessed for what I have and who I am, but their are things that I am still looking for..............
i agree with jabber. i am quite content with the person in the mirror that i see before i go to bed at night. i wish i had made some different decisions at certin times, but overall quite

even tho i'm quite happy with me as me, sometimes i wish that it wasn't JUST me, ya know? even with the good family and freinds that i have, i sometimes really, REALLY want MORE, ya know? i know i don't NEED it, but i WANT it.

does that make any sense?

·
Registered
320 Posts
We have no choice but to be happy with ourselves. The one truth is that we can become a better person only by trying every chance you can. All those hokey sayings are true: beauty comes from the inside, the older you get....the more you like/accept yourself and etc....

The one thing I like about getting older is, that I know everyone doesn't have to like me....and that is their problem. As long as we don't gossip about other people we do not know and realize that there is always something interesting we can learn from people we don't like....

I'm not saying it is easy to accept everything about ourselves (people who know me, know that is true), but I do geniunely care about people and one trait I am truly proud of....I am NOT a liar!.....if you want the truth...just ask!

O'ya! the most important lesson we forget to live by...WE MUST LEARN FROM OUR PAST MISTAKES!! I think that is always a hard one to deal with and change.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Anytime I see a person who is disfigured or has a physical disability I remember how lucky I am and how small small the problems or defects are that I think I have. Makes ya think about what they have to go through.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Today I am a NO. I do not feel like elaborating. I will share with you another day.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
Yes, I am basically/generally happy with myself - I have good days and bad days and tend to be my worst critic at times... I definitely need to be less concerned about what people think about me, though...brings me back to these awesome words of wisdom from my life coach:

OUR DEEPEST FEAR is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?" Actually, who are we not to be?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to manifest the glory that is within us. And as we let our light shine we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
I will NEVER be happy with the things that I can change. There is always room for improvement and I realize every day just how little I really know...

I don't mind the things I cant change - whether I like them or not is irrelevant.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I'm good, but always room for improvement

1 - 20 of 28 Posts