Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Very descriptive & informative! I could picture everything as if I was riding along, specially the knots! Yum! For those of you loading the pdf file, the article starts on page 17. Good Job Sailor!

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Awesome article. Really makes me want to be out there!!

·
Banned
212 Posts
Nice article and publication.

This statement gave me a much needed chuckle:
"Another thing that makes this portion of the trip interesting is there are always fisherman anchored in the channel, not very wide, and one will have to slow down or speed up to pass oncoming traffic and stay in the channel."

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Finally got to read it. Nice job Sailor.

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
That is an awesome looking newsletter. Very nice job on the article. One of my favorite cruises on this lake is to take the "round the flats" ride. Haven't made it much in the past few years because of the price of fuel. I hope to make it a couple times this summer though.

Sailor, you should change your name to Commander. Every time I see your name I think of a guy who owns a sail boat.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(Convincor @ Jan 4 2010, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That is an awesome looking newsletter. Very nice job on the article. One of my favorite cruises on this lake is to take the "round the flats" ride. Haven't made it much in the past few years because of the price of fuel. I hope to make it a couple times this summer though.

Sailor, you should change your name to Commander. Every time I see your name I think of a guy who owns a sail boat.

Thanks for the kind words....I am hesitant to changing my name as it has been Sailor for many years now. Maybe I should conduct a poll?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
That's a nice ride!

You ever go to any of the meets? My dad has a 38' Commander and he met up with the commander club guys a couple times this summer. I went down with him late in the season to DYC for a little informal meet, it was a good time.

Bill - The "round the flats" ride is a lot more expensive in a cruiser - I did it a few times this year, myself. It's only about $30 in fuel on my boat!

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Thanks for the aerial AP. I have wanted to make one like that for a while but never got around to doing it. Now I have a "round the flats" aerial to show what I am talking about.

When I first bought my Checkmate I remember that fuel was about $1.97 on land. With prices like that I would make the round the flats trip 6-8 times a summer. It was awesome. With an offshore it was cheap and fun. I will just have to start making the trip on the jetboat during the week I guess.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Jan 5 2010, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(SAILOR @ Jan 5 2010, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Portal to portal=80gals!

80 GALLONS!!!
That just isn't right.

It is when your boat is the size of your house.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.