Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone see the news story on channel 4 on the asian carp? They say that the noise from your motor makes them jump out of the water and sometimes actually lands in your boat. They were showing a picture of some that have reached 100 pounds. And they are in Illinois and about 50 miles to making it into Lake Michigan. Can you image driving your boat down the north channel and getting hit by a carp??

G

·
I WOULD LOVE THAT !
I FOR SURE WOULD PUT A BIG CATCH NET ON MY BOAT
A 100LB CARP, HOLY CARP, GOOD EATEN

WHAT DO THEY HAVE REALLY BIG EARS? NOISE TOO MUCH FOR THEM, THEY GOT TO GET OUT OF THE WATER THAT BAD

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
yep they had that on last year , i caught it , some people have been hit in head i guess , man would deffinitly scare the crap out of me ,

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
I can just here the euligy Fatcat was a fine upstanding citizen then that carp came out of no where and poof that was it, sob sob sob chuckle laugh

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
QUOTE(fatcat660 @ Jul 31 2003, 07:54 PM)I can just here the euligy Fatcat was a fine upstanding citizen then that carp came out of no where and poof that was it, sob sob sob chuckle laugh

LMAO.
i actually read about some fishermen getting injured by these things. This was last year. haven't heard anything yet this season.

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
I saw that

It could freak you out!
"Oh honey let's go home and get under some covers"
.......start the boat........
Wacko~~~a fishie smack in the face!
Could ruin the moment

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
LMAO.
i actually read about some fishermen getting injured by these things. This was last year. haven't heard anything yet this season.

[/quote]
Yea I heard the same thing MJ kinda takes the fun out of fishing when they jump in the boat. Hey that reminds me of that cheesy movie piranha where they could fly.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Last year there was an article about someone who got hurt. Apparently he was under power when the fish jumped into the boat and he ended up with a broken arm. Now thats a fish story. It was so big it broke my arm....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts