Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
This is an open letter to the idiot trolling for muskie through the mouth of clinton river / channel on saturday, around noon. USE YOUR BRAIN AND DON'T TROLL THROUGH BOAT TRAFFIC! When coming out of the mouth by harley ensign, most boats tend to start getting on thge plane halfway through the channel. This makes it a REALLY poor idea to troll your STUPID 5 foot planar board through the middle of the GOSH DARN traffic! Lucky for you i noticed your GOSH DARN board and your dumb #$% 20-30 yards infront of me and threw the boat in reverse. And lucky for you and me, your board didnt hit my I/O - because i would have sued your pants right off of you. It's a big bloody lake, grow a brain and troll in Anchor bay. Or elsewhere. But not through the GOSH DARN traffic.

Amen.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thought I was the only one who saw that. I was coming to selfridge from metro and notice a guy trolling in the channel. Last year I was fishing just south of clinton river when the sherrif "pulled a boat over" inside the channel. He was actually anchored inside the channel fishing. It took about 10 mintues before the sherrif decided to board the vessel. Despite the multiple hails over the loud speaker, along with a few "kind" words from passing boats, the guy never realized that he was fishing in what has to be the highest traffic area on the lake.

·
Registered
11 Posts
some people just shouldnt be allowed to have kids.....i notice the same idiot out there....maybe a he needs a good slap in the head.....lol.......

·
Registered
144 Posts
BEERMASTER,

That boat that you are referring to wasn't a black, tan and gold tracker was it??? If so I'm thinking I know who it was! And that doesn't suprise me at all about that guy!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With sun, glare, waves i had a hard time seeing the occupants and the boat itself. It looked like a cream colored center console boston whaler to me, with downriggers. maybe a 20 footer. Dumb people shouldnt breed. I agree.

Coming back to a post i made earlier in the season, BOATING SHOULD BE A LICENSE BASED AND STATE MANDATED ACTIVITY. BOATS ARE JUST AS IF NOT MORE DANGEROUS THAN VEHICLES. OPERATING A BOAT UNDER INFLUENCE OCCURS a 1000 TIMES MORE OFTEN THAN OPERATING A VEHICLE. THINGS ARE REALLY SCREWED UP OUT ON THE POND. I THINK WE NEED TO START A PETITION DRIVE TO ADD BOATING AS AN ENDORSMENT ON THE LICENSE. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Beermaster,

While your complaints are valid your choice of words are not appropriate for this forum. Please refrain from using offensive language. Consider this your first warning, two more and you will be banned from posting on this site.

Now go and have a nice day!

Mini

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
And by the way regardless of what most boats do, you cannot get on plane inside the bouys until you are 100 feet from the No Wake bouys, or 100 feet from another vessel.

Return to your nice day

Mini

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Venting or not I have to take time out of my BUSY schedule to police things here and you can ask anyone, I wont take it for very long. I dont get paid for this, I dont own it either. I do this because I love to fish and I like most of the people that do also. Lets keep you on that list

Mini

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey also sorry mini.....we all appreciate what you do...this is a great site...i was just joining in the venting .....hopefully what i said wasnt abusive?if you feel it was i apologize.....keep up the good work.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts