Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
"Commodore of the ToT LoT"
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey LSCN,
Looks like "A Great Time" was had by all that attended the Aug 2nd. "Fun Run". When the planning for that event was in it's infancy they were also talking about another run on the 16th??? Is that still going to happen???
I all ready have a crew for it. Maybe a run to St. Clair or something???
Milord, what do you think????

XO

·
Registered
954 Posts
I am so in. Not sure if the wife is a go, She is haveing out-patient surgery on the 15th. Let's decide where we are going and where ae are starting.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Sorry guys, I'll be up north relaxin' in da' U.P. Wish I could be there, but I hear Isle Royal calling my name. Those park rangers are gonna LOVE me pulling in there with the blowers whinning and the exhaust rumbling!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
It's on baby! I will be talking with Tom about it shortly to hammer out a game plan. Does anyone have any suggestions?

What about a trip across to the Thames and hit a restaurant there for lunch, then could run down the coast and hit the Sandbar. Then across to the Moot or something?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I would like to go but I was wondering if there are any smaller/slower boats going? I basically don't want to be the anchor of the Fast and Furious boats.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
QUOTE(cotty @ Aug 7 2003, 02:59 PM)I would like to go but I was wondering if there are any smaller/slower boats going? I basically don't want to be the anchor of the Fast and Furious boats.
How slow are you talking?
I only cruise at 35 - 38 MPH. Heck, I only do 42 WOT.
Is that slow enough?
I can back it down and hang with you if you need to go slower. Can't do much under 30 though it just don't like to run that slow.

NoCode

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(NoCode_DNR @ Aug 7 2003, 03:54 PM)How slow are you talking?
Is that slow enough?
I can back it down and hang with you if you need to go slower. Can't do much under 30 though it just don't like to run that slow.

NoCode
NoCode,

I have a 22ft Stingray. I could cruise at 30 with no problem but I have such a shallow V-haul if the water is rough even at that speed it could make for a very rough ride. Depending on how rough it is sometimes it is easier for me to cruise at 40-45. I would definitely have to only have me an a passenger. Also, if I can get in a wake of another boat and stay back I can bump it up to 50.

What do you think Nocode?

Cotty

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
we're in and have another friend bringing his boat too - a checkmate....

still working on the picture taker guy... will keep you posted

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
QUOTE(Waterlogged @ Aug 7 2003, 05:23 PM)I need a ride. Boat Whorring that day.
You welcome to ride with me / us.

NoCode
aka: Gregg

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
QUOTE(cotty @ Aug 7 2003, 04:18 PM)QUOTE(NoCode_DNR @ Aug 7 2003, 03:54 PM)
How slow are you talking?
Is that slow enough?

NoCode
NoCode,

I have a 22ft Stingray. I could cruise at 30 with no problem but I have such a shallow V-haul if the water is rough even at that speed it could make for a very rough ride. Depending on how rough it is sometimes it is easier for me to cruise at 40-45. I would definitely have to only have me an a passenger. Also, if I can get in a wake of another boat and stay back I can bump it up to 50.

What do you think Nocode?

Cotty
yeah, join us, we'll work something out.....

you can be my wingman anytime;
no, you can be mine.....

or something like that.

Nocode

(sorry wingman......)

·
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sounds Good!!!!
Looks like we have a go for the 16th. Cool Man!!!
Seems like our destination should be American of some sort?? Gets a bit complicated with Canadian customs, their liquor laws, and I68's upon returning to America. Love the ports you were talking of Milord but just not sure about the above details.
Anyways here is my crew:
Cap't Rob
Cap't Mike
Cap't Chris
Mongo
Boater2be
XO
Yada...yada...yada...I know who's on the list but these are the guys that brought you LSCN. Without them we would not have this cool site!!! Cap't Rob mentioned maybe departing from HCN(his condo). Maybe taking
off around 10ish and have lunch somewhere on the water and then back to the Moot for the finality!!! Suggestions for a lunch destination??? Maybe the city of St. Clair on the river???

XO

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
where we went last time was great !
had awesome bloody mary's there too !
just a suggestion to the organizers, i am open for anywhere. i may be riding with c-girl and jon.
p29 may be repwired by ten too ! so we will see !

·
Registered
530 Posts
wouldn't mind going but sounds like I'd be the slow man - i can cruise around 35 if thats ok. I'll go , but i don't want to slow anyone down. would that be a problem?

·
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(conquest @ Aug 7 2003, 09:50 PM)wouldn't mind going but sounds like I'd be the slow man - i can cruise around 35 if thats ok. I'll go , but i don't want to slow anyone down. would that be a problem?
Should be fine!!! They were talking about sending the
slower boats first or you can maybe run in someones
wake. After all it's suppose to be a "Fun Run" not
a race. I'm not going to beat my boat!!!

XO

1 - 20 of 69 Posts