Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
My father (bassassassin) and I took a 3 day trip last weekend to fish St. Clair. It was an overall awesome trip. We caught some real nice smallies, a monster sheep head (freshwater drum), a nice walleye, and missed a few musky (one 40"+).

Friday: The slowest day of the weekend, but we still managed to find them. The wind had a few more fish willing to hit a spinnerbait, and some good size ones too. Suprisingly we managed to catch around 6 Large mouth on friday too.
I managed to catch a walleye out deeper on a spinnerbait. It was my largest walleye that i have caught. (dont get the chance to fish for walleye that much)

Saturday: It was a little calmer with more sun. We managed to find some good fish out deeper on tubes. Average size sarted to increase as we fished. Also my dad ended up catching a big ole' freshwater drum out in the deep water.
Hardly fit in our net.

Sunday: The best day of the weekend, and perhaps the best day i have ever had on st. clair. The sky and water was clear, and the sun was in full force. Most of the day we were sight fishing. Our average size of the day had to be close to 3lbs, with many going 4lbs+. It was one of those days that you just dream to have have on the lake. Together our total weight of our best 5 fish on sunday was around 21lbs.

One of the best trips ive had in a LONG WHILE.
Here is a few of our pics... will post more tommorow.

BassassassinJR

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jul 9 2009, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice fish....i not so sure about the hat tho

The only reason i put on that hat was in hopes that it would bring me luck. I had not caught any fish "picture worthy" untill i put on that hat. And then that day i caught multiple fish 3+.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't mind the pink hat but I'd like to see Russ keep the shirt on next time. Great job men, and keep the reports coming. I havn't done well out there this year so it's encouraging seeing someone else catching em'.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(glsbass @ Jul 9 2009, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don't mind the pink hat but I'd like to see Russ keep the shirt on next time. Great job men, and keep the reports coming. I havn't done well out there this year so it's encouraging seeing someone else catching em'.

well last weekend was one heck of a weekend to spend on LSC...thats for sure! I still have more pictures i could post, but to save space, i chose not too.

·
Registered
701 Posts
QUOTE(glsbass @ Jul 9 2009, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don't mind the pink hat but I'd like to see Russ keep the shirt on next time. Great job men, and keep the reports coming. I havn't done well out there this year so it's encouraging seeing someone else catching em'.

Yeah no doubt Jerry. I paid for it with some sun burn. It was one of the better trips. If I didn't have a tournament on Sunday I would come down and fish with SCMBC. I have GPS coordinates for a spot that really produced on Belle River hump. If you have a Canadian license call me and I'll give it to you if want it. In 2 hours I caught 3 good ones and lost 3 good ones in about a 200 yard stretch. The one thing about smallies is here today gone tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Wow good for you guys! Haven't seen too many smallie reports lately, and certainly not many with great days like yours - I'm jealous
It's hard (for me anyways lol) to try "new" spots or areas or techniques even though I know things are different from a month ago... tough fighting weeds, etc. You said sight-fishing, you were seeing the smallies which I assume means in shallower water? Seems amazing, but very cool - the common thread I've been hearing is that they are scattered. I haven't had any luck in finding them, glad someone is! Not to mention a variety.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(superman @ Jul 10 2009, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wow good for you guys! Haven't seen too many smallie reports lately, and certainly not many with great days like yours - I'm jealous
It's hard (for me anyways lol) to try "new" spots or areas or techniques even though I know things are different from a month ago... tough fighting weeds, etc. You said sight-fishing, you were seeing the smallies which I assume means in shallower water? Seems amazing, but very cool - the common thread I've been hearing is that they are scattered. I haven't had any luck in finding them, glad someone is! Not to mention a variety.

The whole weekend was awesome. It didnt seem that the bass were to scatered because where we would find one big one, there were certainly more around. It was just an unbelievable last day though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts