Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
12,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pick up Hammertime Friday at sunset harbor, put in 1/3 tank fuel at $200. Start cruising to Metro. Hit a log in the shipping channel.
Damn Yankee and I went back and pulled it out. You saw the pics. Partied at metro all weekend making the best of it.

Monday - at lunch, pull boat $250.00
props look OK high hopes. Go down after work and pull them off and drop off at Dynamic Speed AGAIN to get fixed.

Tuesday - Ron drives them to Johnny's personally.

Wednesday - Ron calls, left prop junk. Tweaked 1-1/2" at hub, can't be fixed. New 23" 4 blade prop $900. Still have to fix right side, and match new left prop.

Still plan on being at metro, thanks to Ron for rushing everything.

That was an expensive trip down the river.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
my sympathies. Plain and simple, that SUCKS!

Maybe you are just getting your bad luck out of the way early in the season... Because something ALWAYS goes wrong at some point!

·
Registered
165 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ Apr 14 2004, 11:33 AM)Pick up Hammertime Friday at sunset harbor, put in 1/3 tank fuel at $200. Start cruising to Metro. Hit a log in the shipping channel.
Damn Yankee and I went back and pulled it out. You saw the pics. Partied at metro all weekend making the best of it.

Monday - at lunch, pull boat $250.00
props look OK high hopes. Go down after work and pull them off and drop off at Dynamic Speed AGAIN to get fixed.

Tuesday - Ron drives them to Johnny's personally.

Wednesday - Ron calls, left prop junk. Tweaked 1-1/2" at hub, can't be fixed. New 23" 4 blade prop $900. Still have to fix right side, and match new left prop.

Still plan on being at metro, thanks to Ron for rushing everything.

That was an expensive trip down the river.

Jim...wow, it cost that much for one new prop? $900? Hey...if you're adding correctly, you're up to $1350 in this post without the other prop...of course that includes some gas. UG!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
what about a used prop? would any place carry them salvage yard? on line? prop shops?

Expensive hobby we all have here some people dont realize the cost of just maintaining a boat..that dont own one.

·
Registered
165 Posts
QUOTE(Aggressortom @ Apr 14 2004, 12:09 PM)And people whine the price of gas is getting expensive. That's the cheap part of boating

Not when you boat like I do...its definetly the most expensive part of boating. I don't spend my entire weekend sitting around on my boats
. I actually use them.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Sorry to hear that Jim.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
OUCH!!! Thats really a rough start. Next beer or two are on me. Hope to put mine in on Friday. Hopefully my luck this year will be better.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Damn Hammer! I hope you got the bad luck out of the way for a few of us! Sorry to hear it man. Here's to a problem free year from here on out!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Ouch ouch ouch.

That is one bad way to start the boating season. Hope to see you at Metro this weekend. My props Mft'g price is about $1300 each and I've got 4. However, I could buy them for about $700, not a bad markup.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
This hasnt been a good start this year for boating hammers props my water pump impeller, and back light.
Hopefully this will be the last of bad luck we will all have.

Jim what is your deductable on insurance? mine covered prop dammage . And haul out.

·
12,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(jimcat @ Apr 14 2004, 04:12 PM)but the main thing hammer did you have a good time
Sure did!!!

Bobrob, $1950. not even close.

This is Hammertime IV's sixth season. the props last fall and this is the only thing i've had to fix. not to bad if you divide it up.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(Patriot @ Apr 14 2004, 04:46 PM)Hammer,

Your preaching to the Quire!!! (sp??)

This subject makes me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

choir . . .

Uhhhhmmmmm . . . yup!

My last 12 months boat expenses were over $15,000.00!!

Boat FUEL was NOT my problem last year! (thank to lil'Instigator!)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts