Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I usually have my parents for sitters but for future reference what is the going rate for babysitters these days?

I have a 2 year old and if I had someone watching him it would be practically when he goes to bed so I am just out of the loop as to what to pay for sitters but I don't want to pay too much if I don't have to!!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I think between 3-5.00 an hour...........too bad we live so far apart....my daughter is 12 1/2 with a 5 yr. old sissy........If you are near Instigator he has a daughter, too. Good luck, I know how hard it is to find a good sitter.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(btenn @ Apr 23 2003, 11:58 PM)Ask Hazy what he charges!!

OMG......he's getting it from everybody today...pooor ole' hazy

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I'd start to line something up now Jewels - that way if you are in a pinch you have someone familiar with your child and that you are comfortable with.

It's about $5 an hour BTW nowadays - that's what most of my little sitters charge me. I have 2, so I guess I get off the hook easy @ 2.50 per child.

Good luck and you're doing the right thing by starting to ask around now, it takes a while to find someone trustworthy enough.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
We pay $5/hour for 2 kids and round up to to the next even hour. The
sitters seem to be happy with that. When we first started to look for a sitter my wife would have the sitter over (with pay) to watch the kids while she was home to let everyone get familiar with each other.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
If anyone knows a good sitter in SCS (north end) let me know. Me and the Mrs. find it tough to go out at night since her Mom watches my son during the day all week. The last thing she wants to do is watch him again on the weekend or in the evening. I have a 14 year old sister but she's always busy with things these days. We had a great sitter for a short time, but she went to college and we're back to where we started. We have one 4 year old who's a very good boy and LOVES sitters (since they usually play with him and let eat garbage food!
)

So anyways, if any peeps close to me have a child of age or know one, please let me know.

We need some adult time, ya know?

·
12,052 Posts
This is interesting. Jenn does nannying once in a while where she lives at their house while they are on vacation. When she babysits for them she gets $10 hour minimum for 1 or 2 kids. When two families go out together and there is another kid or two she gets $20 and hour. Must be the Birmingham thing?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I can tell you this, the more you pay, the easier it is to find a sitter. I always pay a like a ton the first time, then slowly decrease it.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Waterlogged @ Apr 24 2003, 12:25 PM)I can tell you this, the more you pay, the easier it is to find a sitter. I always pay a like a ton the first time, then slowly decrease it.
Not always!!!! They are just difficult!

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Hey Jewels,
Robyn told MY Julie that you wanted her to babysit on Saturday. She had planned on watching Saleena's young ones as well! You said they can be at your place so Little Tree can stay at his house. Is that still the plan?

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
My daughter is starting Drivers Training (
OUCH!) & is VERY ANXIOUS to work toward her own car! So, if anyone could use some help????

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Robyn told MY Julie that you wanted her to babysit on Saturday. She had planned on watching Saleena's young ones as well! You said they can be at your place so Little Tree can stay at his house. Is that still the plan?

Steve,

Couldn't figure out the quote thing again!! Anyways.......That's still the plan!
Haven't heard from Saleena? I PM'd her. Where are you Saleena call me!!
I just don't know times yet? What's your thoughts?

·
Registered
765 Posts
$3-$5 an hour is average around the Shores and north.

If it's going to be an evening thing sometimes even a lump Sum of $20 is the going rate regardless of the number of kids. It's well worth the money for an evening of sanity.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ Apr 24 2003, 11:23 AM)This is interesting. Jenn does nannying once in a while where she lives at their house while they are on vacation. When she babysits for them she gets $10 hour minimum for 1 or 2 kids. When two families go out together and there is another kid or two she gets $20 and hour. Must be the Birmingham thing?
Oakland County rate

·
Registered
456 Posts
going rates?
I would have to save 5 bucks an hour for a single non-diaper wearing child. If you have more than one kid you have to hike up the rate by at least 2 bucks per hour.
And add extra depending on how good the sitter is if she
has to change diapers, heat formula, ect. Gratuity must be definatly added if she has to give the child medicine.
I know it seems like a lot of money but it's not. Try putting your kid in daycare. That's why I only leave them with my parents, inlaws or sister. Plus, I can trust them.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
QUOTE(jewels @ Apr 24 2003, 05:54 PM)Robyn told MY Julie that you wanted her to babysit on Saturday. She had planned on watching Saleena's young ones as well! You said they can be at your place so Little Tree can stay at his house. Is that still the plan?

Steve,

Couldn't figure out the quote thing again!! Anyways.......That's still the plan!
Haven't heard from Saleena? I PM'd her. Where are you Saleena call me!!
I just don't know times yet? What's your thoughts?
Did you get my PM? I'll call you tomorrow
Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts