Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got the call a few min ago. My sister and brother-in-law are going out of town. My mom's watching the kids (2 and 4) over the weekend but has a 1 hour gap that she needs filled. There wanting me to do it.....being super uncle Jon I have no choice but to make it happen. I told her to make sure they go to the bathroom before I get there. I'm starting to think about it and am getting scared. Any advice?

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
actually, if you can get your hand on some medical tape, it comes off easier without leaving marks or residue

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Make sure you have a bright, colorful kid's video to play on the TV (like a Disney movie). They'll be like moths to a light bulb.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Your name is Jon????

·
Registered
481 Posts
hahaha, getting scared eh? my experience with my kids when i need time to get stuff done or keep them occupied for a bit is to turn to that miracle of modern western civilization science (no, not the spork) and put something in the vcr or dvd player.

how old are they?

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sure I'll get thru it....I'm really nervous about a "I have to go the bathroom" thing. They don't wear depends any more but I think they need help with the "whipe".....i'm not a fan of that at all. Uncle Jon will have to make them hold it.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Jul 10 2003, 01:48 PM)I'm sure I'll get thru it....I'm really nervous about a "I have to go the bathroom" thing. They don't wear depends any more but I think they need help with the "whipe".....i'm not a fan of that at all. Uncle Jon will have to make them hold it.

One word: Corks

·
Registered
481 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Jul 10 2003, 12:48 PM)I'm sure I'll get thru it....I'm really nervous about a "I have to go the bathroom" thing. They don't wear depends any more but I think they need help with the "whipe".....i'm not a fan of that at all. Uncle Jon will have to make them hold it.

hahaha, thats why they invented latex gloves my man

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Focker @ Jul 10 2003, 01:54 PM)QUOTE(Campari @ Jul 10 2003, 01:39 PM) Your name is Jon????

... or Uncle Rerun???
They can't see or meet Rerun till there at least 18 years old.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
HE he hehehhe im laughing cause I think its funny
jk only an hour and your scared? Piece of cake dude they wont probly even need to go to the bathroom. Kidz are fun get some paper and crayons and have them draw it will keep them busey for a while then you can crumble the paper into balls and throw it around. Easy bro.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Jul 10 2003, 01:48 PM)I'm sure I'll get thru it....I'm really nervous about a "I have to go the bathroom" thing. They don't wear depends any more but I think they need help with the "whipe".....i'm not a fan of that at all. Uncle Jon will have to make them hold it.

Put a little vicks under your nose and you'll be fine

DO NOT FEED THEM ANYTHING WITH SUGAR.....unless you plan on chasing them around the whole hour!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 10 2003, 12:38 PM)Make sure you have a bright, colorful kid's video to play on the TV (like a Disney movie). They'll be like moths to a light bulb.
and Dum Dum suckers!!! Trust Me!!! A movie and those and you will be all set. I am sure they have a movie there already, their favorite, but just in case investigate that first......If not that hour will seem like a day!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Jul 10 2003, 12:48 PM)I'm sure I'll get thru it....I'm really nervous about a "I have to go the bathroom" thing. They don't wear depends any more but I think they need help with the "whipe".....i'm not a fan of that at all. Uncle Jon will have to make them hold it.

If they are still potty training kids are either usually excited to go to the bathroom and will want to go when they don't have to.....or they will hold it....even "clench" it so they don't have to go....

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Jul 10 2003, 02:02 PM)QUOTE(Focker @ Jul 10 2003, 01:54 PM) QUOTE(Campari @ Jul 10 2003, 01:39 PM) Your name is Jon????

... or Uncle Rerun???
They can't see or meet Rerun till there at least 18 years old.
Huh, lucky kids! Why was my son exposed to Rerun, he's only 4?! And Waterlogged's little girl?

J/K

Dude, you were great with kids the couple times I've seen you around them. It'll be a piece of cake for you.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Rerun....Stop on by and I will loan you a couple of movies and some toddler toys. Kids always keep occupied with "New" toys that they have never played with. Let me know if you want to borrow some!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts