Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had to put down my oldest cat friday.
during the nite she woke me up crying.
when i turned on the light her eyes where not dialiting.
thats also when i noticed that big bump between her eyes.
i held her all night. till we both fell asleep.
the vet said it was a possible brain tumor.
but the damage was done .
it made her blind & gave her severe brain damage.
it could be servivable but no quality of life.
its not fair to her, or me to keep her suffering .
she was given a shot ( injection),
the vet said it was a seditive to make her more comfortable.
i finally realized that she was gone when i didnt see her breathing anymore.
the little ones where looking for her the rest of the weeknd.
they recovered faster than i did.
i realized this when i found the baby half asleep on top the 2 litre water bottle sunday morning.
wish i would have gotten a pict.
it was funny to see her look up at me with all four legs draped over that bottle!
sorry peeps i dont want to bum anyone out , but needed to get that off my chest.
shes in a better place now
enjoy this sunny day
keith

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
That's sad. I sure hope my wife doesn't read this. She'll be bawling at work and probably the rest of the day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry.
i sure hope those girls didnt see me walk out with the bright red eyes.
thats 2 cats this year!
i cant do a third.
they're still babies yet.nothing should happen to them ,
i hope!
i have some good friends , they kept me busy all weekend.
no time to think about it.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Uh oh. She's reading it.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss. It's tough to be with the pet when they're put down. Take comfort in your memories and know this is the hardest part of the grieving process.

~Christine

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
so sorry to hear this....

I'm glad you were with her till the last second, though... that's really the best thing you could have done for her; poor thing.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Keith:

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. That warmed my heart to read that you held her all night until you both fell asleep.

Sorry Again.....

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss Keith, I don't what it is about animals. You know I was the proverbial pyscho killer jock lunatic in H.S. and college but something just tears me up inside when an animal is suffering. Sorry again for you and yours, hope the little ones heal your pain.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 1 2003, 12:43 PM)That's sad. I sure hope my wife doesn't read this. She'll be bawling at work and probably the rest of the day.

Too late....I already read it.... So sad. I am sorry for your loss. I hate to think about what it will be like at that time for my "girls". I hate to say I have a favorite out of the three, but I do, my first pet Felicia. I don't know what I would do without her let alone any of them.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
hey sandman... sorry for your loss... watched one of my cats take its last breath and it's hard...

know you made a good choice, and although at times we want to be selfish and keep them with us, she's in a better place... playfully frolicking around like a cat should...

All my best

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Sandman, our hearts go out to you. We had to go thru the same thing in Nov. It tears your heart out. Take comfort in the fact that she's not suffering. She is in Kitty heaven. Prob making friends with our kitty.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Very Very sad !

sorry for yur loss, our pets are family.......

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
So sorry to hear this...our neighbor behind us(I just found out) had to do the same...1.5 year old dog

Sorry for your loss

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Keith,
Sorry to hear about your loss. I have had to put down two of my dogs and held them till the very end. It is a rough thing to have to do, but it is the best for them and they do take camfort in having you there for them as they pass.

Take comfort in your memories and let the love and affection of the little ones help you recover.

Jim

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(PyrateJim @ Jul 1 2003, 11:36 PM)Keith,
Sorry to hear about your loss. I have had to put down two of my dogs and held them till the very end. It is a rough thing to have to do, but it is the best for them and they do take camfort in having you there for them as they pass.

Take comfort in your memories and let the love and affection of the little ones help you recover.

Jim
Ditto!!!!

Our companions find comfort with us. Having to say goodbye is so painful, I dont think words cant decribe it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts