Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
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

·
Registered
236 Posts
Buck,

I would never claim any kind of expert status on LSC, but I have a suggestion. When you're not into the fish in one location after 30-60 minutes, do one of two things. Radically change what you're offering the fish or move. I mean really move, like from the North Channel to the Sni or the Middle Channel or to the mile roads or to the Clinton rivermouth area or wherever, but move to a truly new spot. And I mean really change things up, like going from throwing crankbaits or spinner baits to real light line tubing or jigging with a light spinning set-up.

And don't feel bad about the fishing being slow. You can get those days on LSC, especially in the July-August timeframe.

Good luck!

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts