1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
One of my absoulte favourite smallmouth search baits in the early A.M. There is something about that bait that fish can't resist. I was introduced to it a long time ago, and now, since I have run out of that bait....my newest favourite bait for bass, especially in shallow water..was a replicate of this old school favourite lure->the Banjo. I now just use a 1/0 hook, any kind, and nose hook a finn-S, tube, or Zoom Fluke..and it produces almost as good as the Banjo, but nothing will EVER work like a Banjo.

I found it works great casting over large weed beds when worked through the channels and cuts inbetween the beds, in crystal clear water. You will be impressed, I can guarantee that!

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(snowman @ Aug 21 2009, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ahhhh...the infamous Banjo Minnow. Right at the top along with Tom Mann's Hard Worm.

You forgot the Roland Martin Helicopter Lure (biggest POS ever made) & the Flying Lure.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just fish tehm around weedbeds with the hook protector and you will pick up fish you normally couldn't get at. Figure since these came out years back many other fish shape plastics have hit the market.

I found my kids liked these and know have none of the bodies left.

good luck

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hell ya! caught alot of bass on the blk/silver one. I love the banjo minnow!

·
LSCN Sponsor since 12/07
2,539 Posts
Easily, out of all the silly infomercial-type baits (some of which were mentioned earlier), the Banjo Minnow is the most productive. Years ago a buddy of mine just plain smacked me with the danged things out of the back of my boat while I was fishing Senkos. It still wasn't enough of a schooling to get me to buy them though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.