Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site,and was wondering if some one could direct me to a bass club that has a 2 man team format.We are new to the tournament way of fishing(except I did belong to a club in northern Mi. for a full season which was 9 tourneys and than 2 tourneys the next year but had to drop out for reasons I could not help)preferably would like a club that fishes the inland lakes since all I have is a tracker 175se and doesn't seem like it would handle very well on the big lakes(I am a fairly new boater also only a year and a half since I bought my 1st boat)any info would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
666 Posts
I don't know of any clubs that have team events in which you have the same partner for the entire year. Most of the clubs will draw among boats and nonboaters to pair them up. In the clubs I have been in, if someone fishes alone they can't fish alone until everyone else has.

Let us know your general area, and that will help identify clubs. Washtenaw County Bass Masters fishes mostly inland lakes, but will do St. Clair and the river. You could ride with someone else on the larger lakes as well. Don't overlook the canals on St. Clair. Smaller boats may not run to Canada, but can to very well in the various canals.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Bronzeback...check out the following link:

http://members.aol.com/breakingwater01

There are Monday night tourneys on Ford lake, Tuesday night tourneys on Belleville, and an ALL inland lake Friday Night and Sunday tourney format. This could be what you are looking for (the site is a little rough, but the tournaments are fun).

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi Bronzeback5LBER

I'm the Sectratry for The Michigan Bass Federation Chapter.

If you would be intertest in joining or forming your own club

you can contact me through this site or

E-mail me at [email protected]

or call 248-819-3192 for more information.

I can let you know which clubs are nearest your area.

Paul Sacks

PS: our club the Mi. BassBusters of Oakland County still has
a few openning for membership.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mr. Bronzeback, don't let the size of St. Clair intimidate you. I fished out of a Tracker Pro 17 for 6 years and hit St. Clair about a dozen times a year and only had a problem once. You just have to be smart and not get too far away from the launch. Bad weather makes it tough even for guys in the big rigs so give it a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts