Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wil be heading to LSC for the first time this weekend. I plan on fishing the american side only. We're having a small tournament there. Can anyone give me some tips on where to try for smallies and also largemouth. I'm putting in at Harley-Ensign ramp. Thanks.

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
I have been hearing that the bite is tough on the pond and the Det river is picking up.

Does your club allow you to run to the river?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, we can run the river. We can go anywhere. But not knowing the lake well, I need to be a little conservative. Isn't that a 25 Mile run to detroit river. If the weathers good , shouldnt be a problem.

·
Registered
739 Posts
The Mile Roads area is usually productive, just trying drifting in and out from shallower to deeper until you find the fish.

It has been very tough out there this year in our small club tourney on the Canadian opening day, only 4 guys got limits out of 16.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Drifting the mile roads at various depths is always a sure thing. If the bite is slow it may take all day to get a limit and they will probably not be wall hangers, but you should get a ~8-11# limit. My recommendation is don't group up like most of the guys out there. Thats a huge area and there's no reason to drift with 5 other boats, it just slows the bite more. If you get bit, get the fish in the livewell and circle back up wind a 100yards or so and drift through the same area a few more times (remember - marker bouys attract boats on St. Clair like flies on____! Don't use them). Don't be surprised to fish 2-3hrs in an area with no bites then pick up 2-3 fish in one area, then nothing again. I don't know if the fish are always there and just turn on or they are cruising, but this seems to be the norm. I have spent a lot of time examining these breif "hot spots" with the camera and there is typically no special feature to hold the fish in the area.

If you are a "power fisherman", stay in the rivers cause there is little structure on the lake to concentrate active fish.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts