Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a friend left Cincinnati early Monday to do some smallmouth fishing for a couple of days. Mainly fished the mile roads with number not as good as expected but quality of fish was better than previous years. We probably caught 35 on Monday and somewhere close to 75 on Tuesday. Got up on Wednesday and decided to head home with the rain coming down. We got close to Monroe and the sun came out so my buddy called his new wife and talked about turning around and heading back. BEST MOVE EVER. Got back on the lake and the sun never came out again the rest of the day but the fishing was great. Landed a 5 lb. prespawn in the first 5 minutes. We ended up fishing Wednesday and Thursday with great results. Thursday PM we got into a feeding frenzy 1000 yards south of Grosse Point Marina in 12 foot of water. Landed quite a few 4 lbs and a couple of 5's. Most of the fish were caught on Art Ferguson's Work of Art tubes on Provider Tackle 3/8 oz. jigheads. At one point my buddy was using a Strike King Rage Tail craw on the tube jig and the bite was viscous. Had a great time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still waiting on pics from my partners cell phone. I hope they turn out well. Will post them when I receive them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts