Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Another opener in the books. Smallmouth fishing on Clair is very good right now. Bass can be found just about everywhere. We had trouble finding fish 3lbs or better, but if your after some fun there are plenty of 2lb+ fish right now. The Selfridge/Anchor Bay area would be a great choice due to it's sure numbers, variety, and distance from the launch. Plenty of bass and Muskie. We hooked and released 2 muskies in the mid-30's (inches) and had plenty of followers. I didn't catch there names Bob, but they did say hi.

·
Registered
129 Posts
On Saturday, a friend and I caught 30-40 smallmouth's with the occasional largemouth bass. Since I was practicing for this weekend's BFL tournament, we did not stay too long in any area.

While idling in one area, I had my line out behind the boat attempting to take the twist out of the line. A power boat went by on plane, caught my line in his prop, and in 2 or 3 seconds, stripped 125 yards of line off my baitcaster. I just do not understand why people feel it is proper to run their boats so close to another boat. It is bad enough when a power boat does this but a guy in a Triton TR21 was on plane and passed 10 or 15 yards off my bow. He could see us fishing and just waves at us.

·
Registered
927 Posts
we went out sunday for the 2nd ABA tournament. found the water was very dirty in most areas closer to shore on the west side of the lake ( between harley and 9 mile area). stuggled to find fish with any size also. caught a lot in the 2 lb range.

i was over by fords cove fishing the big flat and seen a couple of monsters. couldnt get them to bite tho. one of them was a 5 lber, i chased it for about 40 minutes. that fish could have been the differece between 1st place and 8th place. balls!

13+ took first for our tourney. not very impressive by lsc standards but we did see a couple 4 lbers. that was nice.

heres to a great season on the pond!

madman himself

1 - 3 of 3 Posts