Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it out to LSC yesterday and was hard pressed to catch 3 smallies. I drive from the Flint area and was quite surprised to see how slow the bass fishing was.
Anyone have any tips or advice? I usually start out at Metro beach and go from there. Also I am headed to the Charity Islands in Saginaw Bay. Anyone have any advice or tips for that place.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Use lite line, Use lite line, Use lite line, 4lb. fireline.

h2o<---what are you using?

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
That's lite line. Try Berkley Gulp Grubs fish love that smell and attack it. Mix it up if your not getting bit, change colors, move, keep it simple and you should do good. Fish are always biting, and try the Gulp in 3in. married to a 1/8 oz. plain jig tied direct. Good Gulp colors are pearl+white, white, and pumpkin. Go down to 4lb. if it's tough fishing.

h2o<--try that and report back.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I was on Saginaw last weekend, there are still fish shallow but the bigger fish have moved out. Some of the deeper fish appeared to be bedding by the look of their tails. As long as the wind stays down, it's easy fishing.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Try drifting with spottail minnows on a floating jig head and a splitshot above that about 3 1/2 or 4 feet up, or a small lead head and minnow.You cant beat live bait for bass.And im with h20 on the 4lb fireline

1 - 8 of 8 Posts