Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I know there has probably already been a thread on this topic, but I really need to know this.

I bought a squeegee and a mirror for the shower. Both have suction cups that are supposed to stay on the shower wall, but they won't. Is there a trick to this? I mean I see this stuff in stores everywhere, yet I can't get it to work. Did I get ripped off?

Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Is your tile completely flat and smooth?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's ceramic tile. The big kind that sorta looks like marble.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Aug 6 2003, 09:16 AM)It's ceramic tile. The big kind that sorta looks like marble.
But is the surface completely smooth? If its porous at all the suction cups won't hold.

·
Registered
481 Posts
make sure the suction cup is totally on the tile surface, no party of it should touch the grout lines.

also, try cleaning the tile first with tilex or another bathroom cleanser.

.......dr. science

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Aug 6 2003, 08:19 AM)QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Aug 6 2003, 09:16 AM) It's ceramic tile. The big kind that sorta looks like marble.
But is the surface completely smooth? If its porous at all the suction cups won't hold.
It is smooth and not near the grout lines.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Try to get the suction cup a little wet before putting it up on a dry tile.I had the same problem last week and that worked for me.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
We had the same problem with our suction cup plastic corner shelves. They keep on sliding down the wall and falling off. I tried cleaning and everything that I could think of. My next step may be to use SUPER GLUE!!! haha Just kidding... I think we got ripped off...

·
Registered
34,129 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i have NEVER been able to make suction cups work in ANY shower i've ever had! grrr...it's frustrating!!!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
We have a corner shelf that holds shampoo and other stuff.

Works well. Tile MUST be clean! Put it up right after you clean the tile

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Mine works fine!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts