Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a portable battery charger. Any recommendations?

Is it even necessary to charge the batteries during the winter layup? I store them in my basement on wood blocks.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
one thats automatc and turns off when its done charging just in csae you forget to un plug it. i charge mine once a month , sitting in basement. cant hurt.

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(daileyinterest @ Feb 3 2004, 02:09 PM)I will be using it at home.
Just borrow your neighbors.

Anything thats on sale, that shuts down when done should be fine. I have had a 10 amp charger for years and am still using it.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(hammer @ Feb 4 2004, 12:11 PM)QUOTE(daileyinterest @ Feb 3 2004, 02:09 PM) I will be using it at home.
Just borrow your neighbors.

Anything thats on sale, that shuts down when done should be fine. I have had a 10 amp charger for years and am still using it.
THANKS!...............NEIGHBOR!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
dont worry, just have enpugh charge in them until you can tie up next to hammer in the bay, then when he takes the zodiac out, you can go in his engine room, remove his fresh, new batteries, and replace with yours, he will never know

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Mar 8 2004, 12:20 PM)dont worry, just have enpugh charge in them until you can tie up next to hammer in the bay, then when he takes the zodiac out, you can go in his engine room, remove his fresh, new batteries, and replace with yours, he will never know

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ Mar 16 2004, 12:11 PM)QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Mar 8 2004, 12:20 PM) dont worry, just have enpugh charge in them until you can tie up next to hammer in the bay, then when he takes the zodiac out, you can go in his engine room, remove his fresh, new batteries, and replace with yours, he will never know

Yeah....and if your head is full....well, you can figure out the rest
(yeah, he's gonna kill me when he reads this!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts