Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know about how often you are changing your batteries and what type, if you know. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
QUOTE(jgirard1 @ Aug 5 2004, 12:42 PM)I'd like to know about how often you are changing your batteries and what type, if you know. Thanks.
Every 3 years ,, is the longest ill go with boat batterys,,Not worth the chance of being stranded.
Usually buy Interstate, Just becacuse they are close to where i live few blocks. Iam sure K mart brand would work just as well.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I usually replace batteries as they fail, being cheap, but I think that 3 full seasons is about the best you can expect if you want to be proactive and get rid of them before they let you down.

In my case, I have one battery for each engine and replaced them both in 2000, so this is the fourth season on them. They are the combo staring/deep cycle kind, which I guess aren't the best. Just had to replace the one that powers accessories, mostly the fridge, when we're anchored. I'm doubling up batteries on that side with another deepe cycle I have at home and maybe I'll get another season or more out of the other one.

I don't worry about being stranded because I have a parrallel switch to start either engine from the other's battery, and I carry not one but two jump boxes (Christmas gifts so why not just keep em?).

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I ain't touchin' this one with a 10 foot pole! No, way....no how!

But, if you are talking boat batteries...3 yrs. tops like everybody else said

Keep the connections clean and the cells full of water.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Aug 5 2004, 11:36 PM)
I ain't touchin' this one with a 10 foot pole! No, way....no how!

2 x AA

2 x C

2 x D

120VAC

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I bought both my batterys when I boght my boat 5 1/2 years ago. I have a 600 amp cranking battery for starting and a 1000 amp combo starting/deep cycle as a house battery.
I bring both batterys in the house and put them on a trickle charger over the winter months.

So far both batterys are doing good as new, no prolems......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts