Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was nice and relaxing Sunny day swimming, and just floating around.. Shooting the s##t with good friend. Something different for a change.. Suprised more people wernt back there with familys. Was thinking to self would be a nice spot to spend the night and anchor. And best of all it free..

·
A.K.A. Yo Eleven!
405 Posts
I go in there to anchor all the time. It is a great spot to spend a few hours. Very calm, relatively quiet and still lots of action to watch. We usually go in there to grill some bugers before heading out to the moot or gull or whatever. good spot to spend a few hours in the middle of the day. i have never spent the night there but I would imagine that it would be a good locale.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Is the water clean enough for swimming there? I've heard some nasty rumors (and they may be just rumors!) about the water not being so clean there.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I go there quite a bit, it's nice and calm, and I don't get hassled by anyone, or have to pay to tie up to the dock/wall. Bobrob, we should raft up sometime.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Iam free this sat to if you want.. just give me a call.. Or come by Fri after work we can discuss it over a few beers and a mud slide.. Any one else in area welcome too.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
We used to dock our boat at one of the houses back there! I think that area is great. We have been looking for years for the right house to buy back there. Like it better than actually being on the lake.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(bobrob @ Jul 20 2004, 01:28 AM)Iam free this sat to if you want.. just give me a call.. Or come by Fri after work we can discuss it over a few beers and a mud slide.. Any one else in area welcome too.
I'd luv to on Saturday, but the boat's outa commision getting some work done, and I have to work anyway. But I'll take you up on the beer and mudslide after work on Friday! I'll call ya!

·
12,052 Posts
I used to all the time, and have spent quite a few nights there. With this boat, my anchor doesn't hold in the muck and weeds though.

Yours hold ok Bob?

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yepp it did with no problem my anchor is kinda over kill though for my boat.. Big old solid cast claw type..one. Got tired of the dinky one that came with it so went out and bought the one i have..

ive got another one sitting here in garage super hooker # 22 I never use. way too big for my boat been sitting here for 5 years like new still first case of beer Blue light and pint of sothern can have it you pick it up though..

·
Registered
896 Posts
I wouldn't stick my head in the water back there. When my daughter was a newborn (she's 16 now), we used to putz over there from where I was keeping the boat over on Circle. She was too small to go out on the lake and it still gave us some boating time. I started getting a lot of painful ear infections which I attributed to the water. Have heard rumors that a lot of the older homes in the area bypass the septic tank and dump directly into the water. Never went in the water there again after that.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
QUOTE(Storm @ Jul 20 2004, 08:30 PM)I wouldn't stick my head in the water back there. When my daughter was a newborn (she's 16 now), we used to putz over there from where I was keeping the boat over on Circle. She was too small to go out on the lake and it still gave us some boating time. I started getting a lot of painful ear infections which I attributed to the water. Have heard rumors that a lot of the older homes in the area bypass the septic tank and dump directly into the water. Never went in the water there again after that.
Most if not all of those homes SHOULD be on the new sewer systems by now, shouldn't they?

We've looked at homes in that area and all were on city sewer. I believe it was mandated by the state years ago. Maybe since the time you're talking about?

We've been back there anchoring and swimming a few times, but never really knew anyone that hung there. Plus I agree that the depth is an issue for families with small kids. No way for them to stand so they either float uncomfortably or Mom and Dad have to constantly hang over them. But a nice quiet place nonetheless.

I wish we could find a house back in those canals or that bay!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
QUOTE(Campari @ Jul 20 2004, 09:34 PM)I wish we could find a house back in those canals or that bay!
CALL THIS PERSON THEY MIGHT BE ABLE TO FIND U A HOUSE.. AKA PUPPET SHOW.

Page: http://www.reoedgington.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts