Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here take their boats up to Bay City or the Sag. Bay? We are going and spend the weekend up there this weekend probably stay at the marina next to Hooters. Not a big boat party crowd but we will go out and find a nice sandy spot in front of the state park to swim and hopefully enjoy some sun. Midland St. is fun night spot for the adults then its only 2 block walk back to marina.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I have done both; the ride from LSC to Saginaw River and I have trailered there. I have spent some time there too while going to CMU it was the closest place to store my boat! We have run to Charity Island when the water was coperative. We have also been to the BC state park. on the Kawkawlin is a bar we had a pretty good time at too. I believe it was Bootleggers??? Dont qoute me though. As for Midland street....Great time! We have also done the run up to Sand point and spent some time off the beach in Caseville. Just watch your depth. We have passed both between Charity and the main land and also went around. Just pay attention iff you get up that way I have stayed at Vetrans Marina on Several occassions and have always been pleased. The only down fall, is if it gets hot, you are an hour away from crisp blue water....This is not to say we have not been water sking under the Zilwaukee Bridge....But it was kinda grosse! We also had fun following the Freighters up the river playing in thier prop was!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Midland Street is a great place to wander around and the Bay has a some good spots, but like Sunsation said watch your depth the water owes my an outdrive.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.