Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Loved seeing all the LSCN'RS at the Bay Fest this weekend!

Milord, Mel, Instigator, Robyn, Boat Chic, Deuce, Amy ~great seeing you all! You all Rock!

Big Tree and jewel's~ thanks for getting us there safely. I love you both~ you guys double rock~Hall and Oates, Chicago, Sade, Luther~ride home on Sunday~I'M STILL A ROCKIN!

Capt'n Rob, Antoinette~ sorry you had to sleep in the rough spot...Rob thanks for the tickets and for just being you!

Moneyshot and C~girl~thanks for hanging on the cruiser with us crazy galoots! Ed, John, Doodles and Marty~ What a great time!

FooFighters and Cheaptrick~Awesome!

For all you LSCN'rs that missed BayFest 2003~there's always next year!

p.s. don't miss it~ We Rocked Sarnia!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Great seeing everyone! There are too many names to list but DD did a pretty good job of it!

I think I have settled into a permanent hangover. Yesterday was just plain ROUGH!

Oh well, by Thursday at noon we'll be in PIB rocking again I'm sure!

If you wanted a well for next years Bayfest ... send me a pm or email. I have 30 reserved.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
OMG ... I choked down 2 beers on Sunday and it took like 3 hours to do that. There is no way I could hit it hard again!

Curt, it's really too bad you missed the Pig Port!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Still recovering, need sleep... zzzZZZ!

Didn't take any pics (unusual), must been havin too much fun to worry about the digi cam.

Great to see you all in Sarnia Bay/Fest!!!

G

·
Bayfest was a absolute (or was it stoli?) blast! We got there around 2 on Friday and had to get over the first hurdle - the dreaded call to customs. I called and gave all of the standard info, mostly just for the boat since they still had us in their system. Then came the alcohol question. I had 5 bottles of liquor and 1 and ½ cases of beer to declare and started with "We've got bar stock of 3 ½ bottles of liquor and.." when the customs guy broke in and asked what bands we were seeing. I told him and then said I still had more alcohol to list and he just said "don't worry about it". Very cool, but I won't expect that treatment every time. We then hung out at the dock putting a dent in the stock and went to dinner with the Lighthouse Cove crowd, definitely a fun group of Canadians. Bare Naked Ladies put on a great show, just like any time we've seen them before.

Saturday we decided to run out into Lake Huron to see the sailboats racing. We took Jenny (JJII), Brandon (Ragbagger), and Connie and Dave (BRS) took Stacy (Boatchic), Bill (ex-executioner), Tim, and Carol. Carol's husband Darrell was racing so we were on the lookout for a white boat with white sails, which narrowed it down to only about 120 boats that we needed to look for. So instead of finding him we rafted up and swam a bit in the crystal clear and freezing butt cold water and at one point had sailboats blowing by on either side of us, which was cool to see. It was kind of funny that 2 gofasts actually had the right-of-way over sailboats, that doesn't happen too often. It didn't look like anybody had to change course much. We untied when a 50+' Viking plowed by a couple hundred feet away, when there was no one around for miles, throwing a 4+' wake (thanks &$%#^!) and made a WFO run up to Lexington for supplies (beer), some fuel (I'm finding the new boat to be a little "thirsty"), and food (ok, ice cream cones). Another blast back to Sarnia, dinner (thanks Rags and crew) and the Foo Fighters and Cheap Trick. BRS gave the show of the weekend title to CT, but I'd put them behind a tie between the FF (they flat out friggin rocked) and BNL. Sunday everyone woke up with sprained livers (a bloody mary took most of the shakes away) and we ran down to Muscamoot for a little while. Found the weather a little too cold and myself a little too hungover so we cut out just in time to get rained on at the launch. In a nutshell (ok, too late for that) it was a great weekend. James, we need a well for next year…

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
No need to repeat all the above. All EIGHT concerts (in 3 days!!) were FANTASTIC!!
My kids had the best free-time they've EVER had! Thanks to Milord & Mel for the whole setup, to Stacy & Bill for the hospitality & dockage for the Lil Instigator.

Had a GREAT time on Saturday with HAMMER & crew in Port Huron. Loved the dinghy adventure up the black river & through the cut out to Lake Huron for the boat races.

My whole crew feels like we've been gone a month!

Sign us up for next year!!!

P.S. - We even made it back in time to join Taxman, BlondeStreak & crew at DTE for James Taylor last night. (after I changed the flat tire on I-75)

WHAT A WEEKEND!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ended up at Bridgeview Marina, talk about lame. Was told by a bunch of sailors to turn the radio down at 5:00pm Saturday afternoon (They would have loved you Hammer). Wanted to take a walk over to Sarnia Bay Marina but never did. Ended up going to Cheap trick and Foo Fighters Saturday. On the way home Sunday, saw the Cardsharks go by us. Next year, Sarnia Bay Marina!

·
12,052 Posts
Yeah, had a blast in Prot Huron. Went to the bar by dinghy with friends on Friday night until close, then Bob tried to drive the dinghy back the the marina. Needless to say John took over. Dinghy'd all day Saturday with instigator and crew and a few other boats, what a blast. Sunday felt like [email protected] after two days of hittin' it heavy. Coming down the south channel at about 5:30 on Sunday opted to pass on going in the bay, there's always next weekend.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Hey Rico, you should've come over. Cardsharks were up in Lexington. We saw them on Saturday when we ran up for "provisions". Sarnia Bay Marina is a nice place, but not too wild. Definately not as wild as the public docks at PIB, but everyone was friendly and helpful.

Even though we missed Blink 182 and Sum 41, we had a blast seeing BNL, Foo Fighters and Cheap Trick. Foo Fighters rocked out and CT was the surprise good concert of the night. For old guys, they sure have their $h!t together. BNL cracked us up, but so did the company we were with. James, your crew from Lighthouse cove are awesome. Great bunch of people. Like Bill said, we're in for next year.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Had a great time w/ everyone......We had a great crew on board for our first voyage of the season........DD, JC, Capt'n Rob and Antoinette.......You guys are crazy and would not have been the same party w/o you!! DJ Antoinette had the tunes that made the weekend.........'OH MY SWEET POTATO PIE" Too bad our stereo system is below par!! <_<

Finally recovered....went to the gym and back on track until next weekend!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts