Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
APPARENTLY
FREE SPEECH ON THIS OPEN DISCUSSION BOARD
IS REALLY ONLY FOR THE FISHERMAN
IF YOU ARE GOING TO EDIT/THREATEN /HARRASS MY OPEN OPINIONS ON THIS FREE OPEN DISCUSSION BOARD
I WILL NO LONGER FEEL THE NEEED TO UTALIZE, VOICE, AND PROMOTE LAKE ST CLAIR NETWORK, IT SEEMS IT HAS A BIAS OPINION ON ,WHAT MEMBERS/ SPECIFIC TOPICS CAN BE VOICED, AND ON WHAT SPECIAL MEMBER CAN SAY VERSUS REGULAR MEMBERS.
SAD DAY.......
WE HAVE ALL SEEN THESE ACTION BEFORE, AND YOU WILL COME TO FIND, "MANY MEMBERS" AGREE WITH MY VIEWS/STANCE/POSITION ON THE TOPIC OF FREE OPEN SPEECH.

LATER

THIS IS DESCRIMINATION......*(TRACKER)
HOW OFTEN DO THESES REAL MEMBER FISHERMAN
SHOW UP AND SUPPORT LAKE ST CLAIR NETWORK EVENTS, TIN FISH, TNT'S, SOSCL, FUNDRAISERS, ECT.....
YEAH THATS WHAT I THOUGHT

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
I missed the posts before they were deleted or edited, but from what I saw, the biggest problem was that your posts had nothing to do with the topic...

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I would have no problems with you posting whatever you want...but do it under your own name.....If you want to log back in as CBJ or Fast Eddie and post those things fine. But to hide behind a screen name is a whole diffrent story.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(rerun @ Sep 2 2003, 05:43 PM)I would have no problems with you posting whatever you want...but do it under your own name.....If you want to log back in as CBJ or Fast Eddie and post those things fine. But to hide behind a screen name is a whole diffrent story.
Thats Bull and you know it "YOUNG MAN"
No matter who posted it, under what name, it would have gotten a recall PM !
And you know thats a fact !
Some people are a one way street period!

So don't preech, what you know is false

done with this site

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Well why don't you try it instead of hiding behind a fake screen name. But please if you do start your own topic about it. That thread was of some value to fisherman that would be intersted in going to that tournament. When they open it up they want to know about the tournament not get into a fight with you about powerloading....I guess in the end it's about respect.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
QUOTE(rerun @ Sep 2 2003, 06:03 PM)Well why don't you try it instead of hiding behind a fake screen name. But please if you do start your own topic about it. That thread was of some value to fisherman that would be intersted in going to that tournament. When they open it up they want to know about the tournament not get into a fight with you about powerloading....I guess in the end it's about respect.

What's in a name?
Who's here name is real ?
This is the internet for chr*sts sakes......get over yourself
RESPECT YOU SAY.....
I will leave this alone, you are over your head here.

Respect is a mutual enviroment......

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
seeing how you're the midget, i think we're ALL over your head.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Sep 2 2003, 06:11 PM)seeing how you're the midget, i think we're ALL over your head.
may be true
but may not be.
does it really matter

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
<_< Not to stir the pot or anything, but, I have seen pictures of damage done to boats (props) due to powerloading damage that has been done to boat ramps. I however have not seen any pictures of damage done to boats by boat wakes in the marked channels...

I'm thinking if your boat is gonna be damaged by a boat wake in the channels, you likely shouldn't be out on that boat anywhere on St.Clair...

If you are sitting anywhere on St.Clair on any type of boat, you should be prepared to be rocked and rolled. That is just the nature of the beast we call Lake St. Clair...

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
QUOTE(BALL GRAYVEE @ Sep 2 2003, 07:43 PM)Mahn Grayvee is Power Loading what you did to that poor chicken before you killed it and cooked it the othere night when you were drunk?

No. I think he called it, injecting the meat with his own special seasoning...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(rerun @ Sep 2 2003, 06:03 PM)...I guess in the end it's about respect.
This is about respect!

this damages many boats, expensive boats, peoples property, and they refuse to RESPECT OUR BELONGINGS
Our state launches, our tax dollars, PERIOD.

Only thing was said originally was NO POWERLOADING
"IT IS THE LAW!"

So tell me who is wrong, someone speading the word in THEIR thread,.... or start a new one, wich they will not read! HELLO! THINK McFLY.

wRONG......NOT, IT IS THE LAW, WICH THE DEMAND ON NOT OBEYING........LSCN SHOULD NOT CONDONE THIS BEHAVIOR
but i guess, they do.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(TheWiz @ Sep 2 2003, 06:20 PM)
Not to stir the pot or anything, but, I have seen pictures of damage done to boats (props) due to powerloading damage that has been done to boat ramps. I however have not seen any pictures of damage done to boats by boat wakes in the marked channels...

I'm thinking if your boat is gonna be damaged by a boat wake in the channels, you likely shouldn't be out on that boat anywhere on St.Clair...

If you are sitting anywhere on St.Clair on any type of boat, you should be prepared to be rocked and rolled. That is just the nature of the beast we call Lake St. Clair...

Wiz, I agree with you.
Mahn, you too Physco
Rerun,.... read what was written

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Okay, I finally took the time to read these threads more thoroughly. It's hard to really make a judgement call, because many of the posts were modified, as requested.

But upon taking a second look, I can see how the power-loading comment was relevant to the post. The message could probably have been delivered differently though. Why not post a message saying, "Look - we have a problem with powerloading doing damage to our ramps here. There's an entire thread about it here (add link) but just a head's up, it's illegal here, so please abide by our laws"... or something to that extent.

Another big problem, as rerun states, is in who is doing the posting. By doing a simple search, it's easy to see how serious people are in their posts. This gives them credibility. I don't think anybody could give "Mahn Grayvee" much credibility.

Along the same lines, if somebody feels so strongly about an issue, why hide behind a silly name? On this site, it's not "just a name". Many people have established a reputation behind those names. Some serious, some helpful, some just entertaining. Not only that, but many of us know the real person behind those names. That's one way that this forum and site differ from other sites out there in cyberspace.

We abide by a set of rules here on LSCN. Their intent is not to limit what people can or cannot say, but to stay within the site's intent. Often there are posts that take away from the site's value, and then that's when the moderators step in.

If you've seen the threads where our own sponsors get bashed, you'll see that we have no quams about free speech here. We just want to make sure the site remains equally helpful and informative, as it is fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've stayed out of this one because I said my sarcastic peace in the Lake Discussion thread where Bayley posted the ramp pics. Another reason is that I haven't seen anybody powerloading since the beginning of the season. Coincidently or not, I haven't seen many bass boats at the launch either. I'm guessing more of them are using the new ramp by the cutoff since bigger boats can't launch there and they may have more exclusive use of it. It might be easier to hold tournaments and weigh-ins because of that, too. This is all speculation, but basically I don't have the need to go into it like we did last year. I spent way too much time argueing with DJKimmel on it. Maybe I'm just mellower this year. Cripes, the Zman doesn't even bug me anymore...

1 - 20 of 63 Posts