Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I decide to sneak out of the office to go tell the marina to drop my boat in the water. (and give it one more look over to make sure it's ready) Office = Southfield and Marina = New Baltimore.

Got there in 40 minutes, no worries... On the way home, I encountered the following delays:

23 mile rd and I-94 15 minutes because of lane closure

21 mile rd and 1-94 20 minutes becasue the east bound
side (thank god I was going westbound) had a semi that wrecked and lost its load of BRICKS! They were everywhere

6-96 & 11 mile 10 minutes because the east bound side was shut down (thankfully I was going west)

6-96 & Southfield 25 minutes Freeway shut down because of wrecks...

Moral of the story: If you leave work to go to your boat, stay at your boat!
(Of course I hope everyone involved in the wrecks are ok)

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I think you missed your calling as a traffic reporter.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Jason R @ Apr 15 2004, 01:02 PM)I guess they just shut down 696 at Dequindre also because some guy jumped off the bridge.
Yup. manana-II saw the whole thing. Pauligan is going to post about it.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I'm on the phone with Manana II, she just got off of 696, she was right there, she was in the next lane to the semi that hit the guy that jumped. She is really upset, body parts were flying all over she said. Scary! She said the trucker was freaking out and really upset about it, jumping up and down waving traffic to stop.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ Apr 15 2004, 01:21 PM)Oh C....

This is no time to talk about your favorite TV show. <_<

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Is Cyndi too shook up to post even?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
She is not back to the office yet, she decided to take 9 mile all the way to Greenfield.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Apr 15 2004, 01:36 PM)She is not back to the office yet, she decided to take 9 mile all the way to Greenfield.
I'm suprised she can still drive. I'd think she'd be too shook up.

No "debris" hit her car I'm guessing.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Apr 15 2004, 12:37 PM)QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Apr 15 2004, 01:36 PM) She is not back to the office yet, she decided to take 9 mile all the way to Greenfield.
I'm suprised she can still drive. I'd think she'd be too shook up.

No "debris" hit her car I'm guessing.
She said she couldn't stay on the Freeway, too upset. As for the debris, she said nothing hit her car.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
This is so weird, I must have good timing or something cause I was just minutes away past the accident that happened on 94 and also had just driven near the Mound/Vandyke exit before this guy jumped!! All in one day how weird, someone must be watching over me!

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
Oh My!
I work at 14 & dequindre and was going to take that way over to ECH. Thanks for the post. What a terrible thing. Very sad.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
That's awful! i've been home sick all day and didn't even watch the news.
Aside from the jumper.... lets get ready.... it's spring and Michigan construction begins. It's like luck of the draw trying pick the right route.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts