Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last two weeks in July we will be bumming around Michigan and Ohio with no specific plans in mind, other than hitting PIB at some point. I was thinking I'd like to search for some beach glass. I'm willing to go anywhere from say, Cleveland to Oscoda....and on the west side, Saugatuck to the sand dunes. Anybody know a good spot to hunt?

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Sorry I'm no help for you locally. I visited San Fran back in "07" and took a drive down the coast and went to some beach that you couldn't walk a foot without getting some....my one and only time. Happy hunting!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Any beach along Lake Erie in Ohio is great for beach glass. Ohio hasn't had a bottle return law in a while...

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
QUOTE(SquirrelGirl @ Jul 7 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Beach Glass, Where's a good place to look?

Gull Island. There is a ton of glass that so many drunk people have been so generous to leave behind.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
QUOTE(SquirrelGirl @ Jul 7 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The last two weeks in July we will be bumming around Michigan and Ohio with no specific plans in mind, other than hitting PIB at some point. I was thinking I'd like to search for some beach glass. I'm willing to go anywhere from say, Cleveland to Oscoda....and on the west side, Saugatuck to the sand dunes. Anybody know a good spot to hunt?

Anywhere along the shore of Saginaw Bay, I always found a lot of it on both sides. 270Crown is dead on too, glass comes out of the AuSable into the Oscoda area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts