Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been at Jefferson Beach for a few seasons now and are thinking of moving North for the 2010 boating season. Do any current residents have suggestions on particular areas in the marina that you prefer? It has been a while since I have been out there. We are looking at a 32x15 well.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
We prefer B dock behind the office. Close to the bathrooms and now that they have a couple golf carts on weekends it's not bad getting to the pool and hot tub. You have to get up there and check them out. Oh and plenty of parking there.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Beacon Cove is a pretty good place to dock a boat... With a 32 x 15 foot well your to big to fit on "F" dock which in my opinion is the best dock in the Marina.. lol.. But there should be room for you somewhere in the marina....

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(Suck My Wake @ Aug 25 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How are they about visitors? We usually have a few people with us.

They're pretty good. Usually let the guard know and on weekends they park by the gate and are driven in on the carts.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've been very very happy on the "Drive up" side of the Marina, the "N" and "O" docks. We do have the dis-advantage of having to pay our own electric, but the upside of parking and grilling inches away from my boat were more than a suitable trade off....

·
Registered
105 Posts
QUOTE(fitsus @ Aug 25 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Suck My Wake @ Aug 25 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How are they about visitors? We usually have a few people with us.

They're pretty good. Usually let the guard know and on weekends they park by the gate and are driven in on the carts.

This was our first year at beacon. We definitely like it. Visitors arent a problem. Just have to let the guard know that another car or two is coming

·
Registered
88 Posts
QUOTE(NOVA J @ Aug 25 2009, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(fitsus @ Aug 25 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Suck My Wake @ Aug 25 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How are they about visitors? We usually have a few people with us.

This was our first year at beacon. We definitely like it. Visitors arent a problem. Just have to let the guard know that another car or two is coming

·
Registered
88 Posts
Beacon is great stay away from the end wells, been on L dock since 95, close to the pool, restroom and lake. Guests are not a problem. They do enforce loud noise after a 11 PM however. Security is very good!

·
Registered
68 Posts
QUOTE(Heavy Handed @ Aug 25 2009, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why are end wells a problem, wake?

A lot of seaweed and junk in the water tends to congregate on the end wells that are against a wall. This year is my first at Beacon. I am on B dock. Close parking and close to the restroom. Some friends want me to move to MacRay next year. I like all the extras at MacRay's but have a hard time swallowing the $1000+ extra that it will cost.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(jrock @ Aug 26 2009, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Heavy Handed @ Aug 25 2009, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why are end wells a problem, wake?

A lot of seaweed and junk in the water tends to congregate on the end wells that are against a wall. This year is my first at Beacon. I am on B dock. Close parking and close to the restroom. Some friends want me to move to MacRay next year. I like all the extras at MacRay's but have a hard time swallowing the $1000+ extra that it will cost.

Out of that $1000 don't forget to subtract the cost of pump outs and wireless internet and cable since those are included at MacRay
It's still more, but not AS bad.

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Aug 26 2009, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(jrock @ Aug 26 2009, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Heavy Handed @ Aug 25 2009, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why are end wells a problem, wake?

Out of that $1000 don't forget to subtract the cost of pump outs and wireless internet and cable since those are included at MacRay
It's still more, but not AS bad.

I pay $1450 being against the wall at BCM ($500 discount), MacRay quoted me $2800. Thats an awful lot of pumpouts!!!
I love MacRay, but no way to justify paying double.

Being against the wall (A dock)I have only had one weekend where there was seaweed. It's actually not that bad but was a concern before I moved over.

And now that Chriznat is gone you are safe pretty much anywhere at Beacon!!!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Man, I didnt realize there were so many members there. MacRay is a nice place, in fact that is where we had our wedding reception. However the jump from a $1,000 9' wide at JBM to a $1,950 15' wide is a big enough jump for now.

I guess I should also take a look at some of the other marinas, but Beacon is a straight shot across 16 mile from our house so it is convenient.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts