Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out on one of my buddies boats yesterday trying for walleyes. Started out in the Sny near the mouth where it empties into the lake. Did no good at all there. Caught only one dink perch. Tried up a ways into the middle channel. Saw a few eyes caught in there by others but not many at all for the number of boats in there. Talked to a few guys and they all said nothing but under sized eyes. We saw a huge pike brought in at the mouth of the middle channel caught by a guy trolling with BB and a harness.

I caught one under sized walleye in there myself. My buddy caught a white perch in there. We moved out to the shipping lane around the firecracker trolling downstream from there. Did nothing at all. Saw a ton of boats out near buoy #26 anchored up. I assume they were perch fishing. We did not try for the perch, and left empty handed, but I think it was the nicest summer day that I was out there this year so far. Was absolutely gorgeous out yesterday.

I just got my tow vehicle back from a repair shop, so I can get out a few times this next week. I missed about 10 days of using my boat when my truck was down for the repair.
Tight lines to all

·
Super Moderator
74 Posts
Went out on one of my buddies boats yesterday trying for walleyes. Started out in the Sny near the mouth where it empties into the lake. Did no good at all there. Caught only one dink perch. Tried up a ways into the middle channel. Saw a few eyes caught in there by others but not many at all for the number of boats in there. Talked to a few guys and they all said nothing but under sized eyes. We saw a huge pike brought in at the mouth of the middle channel caught by a guy trolling with BB and a harness.

I caught one under sized walleye in there myself. My buddy caught a white perch in there. We moved out to the shipping lane around the firecracker trolling downstream from there. Did nothing at all. Saw a ton of boats out near buoy #26 anchored up. I assume they were perch fishing. We did not try for the perch, and left empty handed, but I think it was the nicest summer day that I was out there this year so far. Was absolutely gorgeous out yesterday.

I just got my tow vehicle back from a repair shop, so I can get out a few times this next week. I missed about 10 days of using my boat when my truck was down for the repair.
Tight lines to all
Iggy i wish i lived up that way! Love the Lake Tom

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, I love being out even on days when I get skunked. Always better when I get some fish. When I was working, I had some great days at work, but I still maintain that my worse day of fishing is way better than my best day at work. I retired at 49 years old, and I am 72 now. I've been fishing LSC since I was about 8 years old with my dad, and I fish mostly now with my grandson and my two sons. I never get tired of fishing the same lake as there are so many different areas that have so many different species of fish. My bucket list is to have as many (or more) years retired as I had in seniority while working. I have 7 more years to go. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts