Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might have a buyer for my Nitro.

Does anyone know anything about these CC Bayliner Trophy boats? Are they good quality? Anyone know where I could look at one in person? This seems like a really good price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...;category=63726

I swung by the boat shop in Fenton and looked at a 2004 Polar 21ft CC with a 175hp Yamaha on it and it was dirty and not in good shape. They wanted $26,900 for it on consignment (so the price was not set by them). I felt it was a little steep and I think I want at least a 200hp outboard, if not a 225. I have a 225 Optimax now and it pushes my Nitro to over 70mph. I want to be able to run 50mph realizing the much heavier hull. Am I going in the right direction with my thought? Ideally, I'd like to be under $20k if possible.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
You need a Seaswirl Striper 2101 DC!!!

I don't know much about the CC boats other than they just aren't for me. I troll so I enjoy having room in the back of the boat to run rods and do whatever else. If you cast or utilize the front of the boat they seem great, just not what i do. I have a buddy who runs a 21 ft WA Trophy. Other than being a bit pricey I think they are great boats and set up nicely to fish. It seems like a decent price but I haven't priced a CC at all. I think a 175 would push that boat along pretty good. My dad has a 20 ft Sea Pro CC and it has a 150 hp Merc and that thing will move over 50 mph. Check out Wilson Marine in Brighton, they sell Trophy. In fact it is right around the corner from where I live. If you want I will swing by there after work and see if they have a CC out in the yard.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have a 21' center console myself, 90' VIP. Like Kaycee said if you troll make sure you have enough room in the back. There isn't much on mine and it can get kinda aggravating with a couple of people on the boat. I'm even thinking about making the cooler which is a seat right now removable. That would help open things up.

I do think a center is the way to go. I have no clue about the trophy boats though. It's too bad you can't go pay the boat a visit. I know I personally would have a real hard time buying a used boat that I have never seen.

Good luck on your search!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I drove by Wilson Marine on my way home tonight and they do have a CC in the yard but it looks to be a 23-25 ft Trophy Pro. Not sure what the Pro series entails. It was raining too hard to get out and take a look at, but it also looks like they have some Trophys on the showroom floor. I couldn't see a CC but they had Trophys in there.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for doing that for me. My fiance and I met a Wilson Marine Sales rep out of the Brighton sales office at the boat show at the Rock Fin Showplace this past winter. I still have his card. He was trying to talk me into a 28ft twin outboard he had on "special" for $65k. Loved the boat, too much boat and too much money for me though. When I get a chance in the next week or two, I might swing out there and see what they have. Still have to sell my boat also.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
The one on e-bay is a sweet looking boat. The salt water engine, and saltwater use would make me wonder about it. Don't know much about salt water, but my brother-in-law in Tampa had one . constant maintainance, compared to fresh water.
Take a look at the rims on that trailer.Kinda dirty and funky looking to me. I'd question the basic concept of how well it was maintained.

·
Registered
526 Posts
It sounds like your ready to spend a good amount on your next boat, I looked at this at lands end and have been dreaming about it ever since , its not a cc but it will get you there and back like no other, and the fit and finish is top notch and its cheaper than a skeeter bass boat.

http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/boat_line...l.jsp?boatid=13

Not that skeeters are bad, just a different animal.

I think eagle larry got an inversion chair, nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input. I'll take a look at those Parkers. I'm not looking to spend a boat load of money. Honestly, I'd love to keep it under $20k, but I might go $25-30k for the right pre-owned boat. I dont think I will be buying new. I will check out some used Parkers as well.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
QUOTE(Nitro225Optimax @ Jul 29 2009, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for the input. I'll take a look at those Parkers. I'm not looking to spend a boat load of money. Honestly, I'd love to keep it under $20k, but I might go $25-30k for the right pre-owned boat. I dont think I will be buying new. I will check out some used Parkers as well.

good luck on finding used ones for sale around here they just started to sell them in michigan like 4 years ago. starting to see more of em but i love mine bought it new didnt/couldnt find a used one to look at

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hey troller, do you know what the extension box thingy is on some parkers, on the back, looks like an aluminum swimplatform or something but couldnt figure out what it is, by the way congrats, they are a sweet machine!

·
Registered
526 Posts
QUOTE(Nitro225Optimax @ Jul 23 2009, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I might have a buyer for my Nitro.

Does anyone know anything about these CC Bayliner Trophy boats? Are they good quality? Anyone know where I could look at one in person? This seems like a really good price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...;category=63726

I swung by the boat shop in Fenton and looked at a 2004 Polar 21ft CC with a 175hp Yamaha on it and it was dirty and not in good shape. They wanted $26,900 for it on consignment (so the price was not set by them). I felt it was a little steep and I think I want at least a 200hp outboard, if not a 225. I have a 225 Optimax now and it pushes my Nitro to over 70mph. I want to be able to run 50mph realizing the much heavier hull. Am I going in the right direction with my thought? Ideally, I'd like to be under $20k if possible.

Well this is older and cheap, the motor alone has gotta be worth the askin price, but its a drive to check it out, I have seen some good deals just lookin up north, not much extra cash aroud there!
http://nmi.craigslist.org/boa/1290747083.html

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.