Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

BEER

2K views 45 replies 38 participants last post by  Kat 
#1 ·
Is it taste? price? brand? My opion after 6 taste dosen't matter quantity matters!!! So what is it quantity or taste?

See less See more
#2 ·
of course Free beer is the best.

Busch is the best beer for the money. I am not picky.. I used to drink Natural Light, but now I think its not so good.

although I usually buy Miller Lite or Labatts because the wife and other company prefer it.

#3 ·
quantity, taste and loyalty!!!
budweiser is the one for me for average drinking, but i do put down quite a few guiness from time to time!!!!
in my no job days i had to drink milwaukees best ice at 1.49 for a 40oz, after 2 of those you dont care, but you head does the next day.

#6 ·
the best beer in the world is VB that is Victoria Bitter. it is not really bitter, you cannot buy it here that is the worst part. they will not ship it. it was in australia last one i had was after a dive on the great barrier reef, that was the life...

#7 ·
heinikin, molson, blue light, cant drink it if it doesnt taste good even if its free.

#11 ·
Ok ...... remember this is coming from a homebrewer the best beer in my opinion is from the Alicia Brewing Co. You can not buy it cause I cant sell it. I do give it away on occasion. The comercial beer that I like best is
1. Bells pale ale
2. Serria Nevada Pale
3. Guiness
4. Bass Ale
5. Red Hook ESB
6. Michalobe Amber Bock (best value)
7. Petes Wicked brown ale
8. Sam Adams
9. Newcastle
10. Labattts Blue

Taste is most important to me, also taste is subjective as long as you like it, then to you it is good beer.

#13 ·
Okay, here's where I probably offend some of the beer drinkers at LSCN.. But in all honest, I can't stand the taste of beer... Never have and probably never will.. I have tried all different types of beer years ago and I just didn't like the taste.. So, all of you drink up my share will ya??? hahaha

#14 ·
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Dec 5 2003, 08:19 AM)Okay, here's where I probably offend some of the beer drinkers at LSCN.. But in all honest, I can't stand the taste of beer... Never have and probably never will.. I have tried all different types of beer years ago and I just didn't like the taste.. So, all of you drink up my share will ya??? hahaha
Thats not offensive, alot of people don't like the taste of beer. I hated it when I was younger and then started trying different types and it just started tasting GOOD!

#16 ·
I just love Coor's Light!! Bud Light is the 2nd runner up.
Light watered down beer, it's the best!!!!
I know it's cheap too, but I don't care about price, just taste.

I actually liked Heinken in Europe, but it tastes different here, don't like it.

#17 ·
QUOTE(fatcat660 @ Dec 5 2003, 09:22 AM)Fitchick how did youlike the beer in Germany. I want to take a trip to England and Germany for the beer.

Loved the Heifenweiss, I think thats how you spell it,
AKA wheat beer
never a hangover, always cold and tasty
As for England.... Beer is room temperature , I like my beer cold

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
Labbat Blue light draft, in a frosted glass, half degree above freezing! I mean I want it so cold my hand sticks to glass like that kid's tongue on the pole in "Christmas Story"....with buffalo wings and blue cheese on the side.

as for why? hmmm... I guess it has more to with the surroundings like watching a game with good company or something.

#21 ·
My favorite is Dundee's Honey Brown. It is getting harder and harder to find. Canadian Labbatts is a close second. It has a fuller flavor and more alcohol than the stuff we import over here. Usually, I settle for a Killian's or a Black and Tan. If nothing else, I settle for a Bud Light or Budweiser.

#22 ·
Any REAL dutch beer is my favorite, only to be had at their local pubs! Every town had a brewery and it was always fresh! Pilsner mostly, but some wicked good Trappists made by the Monks from Belguim were also on tap.

As for English beer, well the Engilsh like it, but I don't!

#23 ·
1. Tiger (from Singapore)
2. John Labatt Classic
3. Creemore Springs draught lager (an Ontario microbrewery)

I live in London, ON, the hometown to two famous Canadian brewing families -- Labatt and Carling. You know that you are kinda spoiled drinking Canadian beer, when someobne hands you a PBR, and you can't finish it.

Scott.

#24 ·
QUOTE (Pandora @ Dec 5 2003, 01:20 AM)
the best beer in the world is VB that is Victoria Bitter. it is not really bitter, you cannot buy it here that is the worst part. they will not ship it.
Unbelievable!!!! I totally agree on VB. It is the very best. Got totally blasted on it in a punk rock bar in Kings Cross area of Sydney back in 80. Been trying to get more ever since (it was the last night in Sydney). I've even tried to get Australian people I've met online to send me some.

Second best is a big frosty mug of Fosters on tap....mmmmmmmmmmmm...

After that I drink Labatt Blue.

#25 ·
QUOTE (MONEYSHOT @ Dec 5 2003, 10:26 AM)
I just love Coor's Light!! Bud Light is the 2nd runner up.
Light watered down beer, it's the best!!!!
I know it's cheap too, but I don't care about price, just taste.

I actually liked Heinken in Europe, but it tastes different here, don't like it.
(shhhhh, don't tell anyone, but I have pee'd in Clear Creek upstream from the Coor's brewery....shhhhhhh)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.