Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your new to the site here is a tip, upper right corner is the search box, open it and try it, it is like an encyclopedia of fishing this area, you will love it and won't have to wait around for someone to answer your question.

Another tip, don't motor over the area you plan on fishing, if you see a pack of boats drifting in the river go out towards the middle a bit to motor up stream, this way you won't scatter the fish.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Ah yes, my number one and number two tips!

Good ones rcher!

·
Registered
691 Posts
good tip but... most are too lazy, this tip will get buried/forgotten about, using 'search' takes common sense
seriously, how many men have common sense? JK LOL

not being a pessimist, but rather realist

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
i wish more people would use the search option...how many times has "Where can I fish from shore" come up in the past...then people get bitter when you say, SEARCH IT!! You should make this one sticky cause im sure plenty of the questions arent answered because people are tired of answering the same questions over and over and over. I know im not going to retype a long shore fishing report cause someones too lazy to search first.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Good point gldnrcher! Where's the 400 club, the A-marker,the Stawberry bar,grassy,the dumps,the weather buoy,the hump,the red barn,the firecracker,the Hiram Walker ball, the Delphine--drives me frickin' crazy. I feel better now! tight lines and hang a big one

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
If you guys are going to suggest the search feature you might want to give some tips on how to efficiently search LSCN. It might not be laziness it might be lack of knowledge on how to search sites like this.

For example using the Search feature in the upper right corner to search for fish from shore you get 42 pages to wade through.

If you search for "fish from shore" in quotes you get 106 more relevant hits.

Using the search feature in the upper right corner to search for where is st. clair light (another post where people suggested using the search feature) gets no results because the search engine doesn't like words less than 3 letters.

If you would suggest this link (it's on the home page of LSCN near the bottom) to search the site people would get much better and relevant results.

Using that link gets you the information easily.

Where is the st clair light?

Where are good place to fish from shore?

Where is the 400 club?

Matt

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(tcg @ Jul 8 2009, 07:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you guys are going to suggest the search feature you might want to give some tips on how to efficiently search LSCN. It might not be laziness it might be lack of knowledge on how to search sites like this.

For example using the Search feature in the upper right corner to search for fish from shore you get 42 pages to wade through.

If you search for "fish from shore" in quotes you get 106 more relevant hits.

Using the search feature in the upper right corner to search for where is st. clair light (another post where people suggested using the search feature) gets no results because the search engine doesn't like words less than 3 letters.

If you would suggest this link (it's on the home page of LSCN near the bottom) to search the site people would get much better and relevant results.

Using that link gets you the information easily.

Where is the st clair light?

Where are good place to fish from shore?

Where is the 400 club?

Matt
That was going to be my suggestion as well. For some reason, Google LSCN searches tend to be much more productive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
QUOTE(Papa Smurf @ Jul 8 2009, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i wish more people would use the search option...how many times has "Where can I fish from shore" come up in the past...then people get bitter when you say, SEARCH IT!! You should make this one sticky cause im sure plenty of the questions arent answered because people are tired of answering the same questions over and over and over. I know im not going to retype a long shore fishing report cause someones too lazy to search first.

Here's a tip, don't open the thread if you don't want to read or respond.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(walleye mike @ Jul 8 2009, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wheres Lake St. Clair?

According to the Channel 7 news reports last year when the girl went missing in the shipping channel, it is where " The St Clair River meets the Detroit River".
To hear those idiots tell a news story you wouldn't even know there is a lake around here

·
Registered
71 Posts
QUOTE(jogodlew @ Jul 8 2009, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Papa Smurf @ Jul 8 2009, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i wish more people would use the search option...how many times has "Where can I fish from shore" come up in the past...then people get bitter when you say, SEARCH IT!! You should make this one sticky cause im sure plenty of the questions arent answered because people are tired of answering the same questions over and over and over. I know im not going to retype a long shore fishing report cause someones too lazy to search first.

Here's a tip, don't open the thread if you don't want to read or respond.

Now that's what Id refer to as common sense.....

Id like to point out that good places to fish from shore ..... do change for those of you that dont regularly fish from shore.... just like you guys talking about the fish biting in certain spots on the lakes or not.. I mean do you think the fishing topics are limitless????? If you want your site to grow and be worth while you need to allow newbies to become part of this by posting and feeling as if they are acknowledged.... I think you guys are great with your advice... but some of you monitor this thing like its your 17yr old daughter.....

·
Registered
526 Posts
"Id like to point out that good places to fish from shore ..... do change for those of you that dont regularly fish from shore.... just like you guys talking about the fish biting in certain spots on the lakes or not.. I mean do you think the fishing topics are limitless????? If you want your site to grow and be worth while you need to allow newbies to become part of this by posting and feeling as if they are acknowledged.... I think you guys are great with your advice... but some of you monitor this thing like its your 17yr old daughter..... "

I disagree wishin, this way is very fast, if you post a question at 6am and are expecting a response so they can go fishing it just doesn't happen, and then by the time people do respond the person asking the question is already gone, I don't mind and usually I will respond if I can help, but lets face it, alot of times by the time a question is answered, the fishing has changed and the productive spot has changed, and that is definitely a bummer, if you just take somebodies advice and think your gonna limit on eyes it can be a real bummer. Good Luck everyone.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Do a search first - especially if it is a question like "where is the saint clair light?". If you are not satisfied with the info you get, by all means start a new thread.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
People on the site are always changing, so posting a question that has already been answered in the past brings new answers from new people. I agree with what was said before, If you dont want to read the thread "Where is the St. Clair Light" Dont click on it!!!!!

Whos to say these people didnt already search and fail? Its a good tip for "instant" info, but that makes the site wikipedia and not a forum. EVERYTHING has been talked about somewhere, If we all searched noone would talk.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I didn't say don't ask, just try the search engine first, it's faster than waiting for somebody to tell you where the SC light is, Just my opinion worth $0.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
I'm on both sides of this fence. Sometimes I roll my eyes and think, not this again. But then I remember when I was new around here and try to as least do a quick search for the newbies and at least post a link to a recent thread on the topic.
Welcome newbies

1 - 18 of 18 Posts