Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Guaranteed formula for catching smallmouths:

1. 4lb.test fireline.(smoke-color)
2. 1/8 oz. leadhead jig (just un-painted will do, won't have to bust the eye out of all the paint poss. nicking the eyelet, causing your line to break!!!
3. Berkley PowerGrub, 3inch. white or chartruse and shad works get the tourneyment strength ones.
4. Get in deeper water this time of year 8-16 feet. Or near the channels, work the channel edges cooler water there.
5. Now cast that baby out there, before the lure hits the water click your spinning reel, this will take the slack out of your line. If your in 10 feet count slowly to 9.
6 Start your retrieve as slow as possible.
7. Get ready your about to catch a smallmouth on the mighty Lake St. Clair... This works for me all the time.... Last hint lite line lite line lite line lite line........ 4lb.test. h2o

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
I agree Gitzit, i would catch so many on the dead rod. With a spottail on the tru-turn hook, and bobber. 10 feet from the boat that i could hardly find time to cast... I hear you clearly. Your not tell a fish story... it's true.. I'm living proof... good call gitzit...h2o

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.