Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Belle Isle Ice Tree

772 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  RED HOT ONE 
#1 ·
Took the kids to the Belle Isle Aqurium wednesday morning. Afterwards, went by the Ice Tree over by the public beach for them to see. It was great walking around and taking some ics until my oldest slipped on the ice and left some blood. A trip to the e.r. and 4 stiches later, we are looking at the pictures...

#2 ·
and.........

#3 ·
finally............

#5 ·
oh my god and you didn't get shot or robbed or car jacked. sorry couldn't resist...

#7 ·
QUOTE(Pandora @ Feb 19 2004, 03:14 PM)oh my god and you didn't get shot or robbed or car jacked. sorry couldn't resist...
South of 10 mile, I am fully prepared. No worries here, other than lead poisoning of the environment.

#9 ·
it is right by the beach house. they have done it for years. there is a pipe that runs to the top of the tree. when it get cold out they turn on the water it freezes over the whole tree. they have different lights under it to make it shine different colors. it's really cool to see.

#12 ·
Its mostly on the outside as you have some cool iceicle formations on the inside. In years past, going up as a kid, I used to be able to crawl up inside one of the many "caves" that would form and be in my own little ice world.

#13 ·
I was there yesterday.....Blew off work and took the kids there also.....

The ice tree is as spectacular as always.......I like taking the kids there every year

also.....I take them thru the woods and tell them " The Witch Story ".....They know

I`m soo full of shiot....But they listen anyhow.....They just like to feed the deer in

the woods...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.