Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK peeps. That time of year again. The Belle Maer/ MacRay's Fireworks are upon us. Set for this Saturday.

Those who have been before know the drill. Those who haven't, it's an annual tradition that is a ton of fun for all.

I will getting the boat there mid to late morning to squeeze into the area. The area we typically anchor is directly in front of MacRay's. Sometimes because of the day crowd we have to move boats around after a while to get rafts together for the show. The fireworks barge location is usually in the same vicinity the past few years so our location has been pretty good. We normally stay the night unless mother nature tells us otherwise. So if you would like to stay the night this is your opportunity for that is our plan.

I highly recommend to all the new members here on LSCN to come on out and raft up with some cool peeps. Looking forward to see the new and old school LSCN.

See you at the Fireworks!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I might pop out for a visit but I will be watching the show from my slip. I have to head home early Sunday morning.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
I was looking at the depth this weekend. We were almost mid way between the rock and the seawall and it was a little higher than waist deep on me. Saturday we anchored past the rock and it was up to my sholders. If folks plan to wade between boats we'll want to be closer in. We plan to get into poorman's around 2pm (maybe even before that) on the 4th to find a good spot. Not too close to the channel, and shallow enough to stand in the water.

Thoughts on raft location?

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(JD @ Jun 29 2009, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Jun 29 2009, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thoughts on raft location?

Straight out from MacRays flag worked great last year.

The rock is not too far off from the flag.

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Stodge @ Jun 29 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thoughts on raft location?

If it is a really hot day I will assume (like in the past) we get in there and start with a small raft because of boat congestion. And, then build up the one or combine a few rafts together. It is not the same every year. Just have to see what the crowd is when we get there. Can't and won't please everyone. We'll have a drink and have a good time.

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(dnasty @ Jun 29 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>More than likely, we will be out there somewhere. Hopefully rafted off with y'all

Hope to see you there as well and the in-laws. Haven't seen them this year as of yet. I'll keep on rocking and you keep on hit'n it. OK?!

·
Registered
716 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Jun 29 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was looking at the depth this weekend. We were almost mid way between the rock and the seawall and it was a little higher than waist deep on me. Saturday we anchored past the rock and it was up to my sholders. If folks plan to wade between boats we'll want to be closer in. We plan to get into poorman's around 2pm (maybe even before that) on the 4th to find a good spot. Not too close to the channel, and shallow enough to stand in the water.

Thoughts on raft location?

I agree the water is much deeper,we will try and get closer to the wall off the flag area as in the past for us.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
OK- Its time for everyone to have a differnt ideal location!!

Odds are I will not be rafting up. But will stop by!

I will stay out in a little deeper water- we cant do waist deep water, with out feeling comfortable about floating anyways!

·
Registered
716 Posts
QUOTE(NoShow @ Jun 29 2009, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We will have kids so we will be there but just not sure who all will be rafted too...

No kids and a 3day weekend.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
We will probably watch the fireworks from our slip as it was a prime spot last year. However depending on who we invite out that night, we may come over for a little bit by dinghy.

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(sunsation98 @ Jun 29 2009, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>OK- Its time for everyone to have a differnt ideal location!!

Building Violet Font Entertainment House I know. Been getting that alot lately. It's a great show where ever you are over there. Someone will pick a spot. We'll anchor. Pour a drink. Do some swimming. Get a sun burn. Watch the sunset then the fireworks, and have a nice night. Where ever we are anchored.

Attachments

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(Mark @ Jun 29 2009, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'll bring the jello shots.

Yeeee Haaaaa! You can tie to my boat

1 - 20 of 88 Posts