Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there was lots of traffic on the lake today me and a few buddies decided to go up to richmond and fish the belle river. We started wading down river and throwing rebel bugs and mepps. I was fishing with mepps and landed a nice 20 inch pike in the first 10 minutes followed by a baby smallie in one of the nexts casts. I caught a couple more undersized bass and lost a pike until I lost my mepps 3 in a tree. We called it a day in about 2 hours since the skeeters were so terrible. All in all I had a great time walking the river and getting some real steady action.
Also those guys at Anglers Pointe are great. I bought a mepps 3 there today and when i was pulling out of the lot the person behind the counter flagged me down. He stopped me to ask me and pick one of 2 lucky craft lipless cranks (which arent cheap). Real nice gesture. Im gonna go back there tommorow and buy about 5 more mepps haha. If youve never waded down a clear shallow river like the belle you should cause its a great time and you see alot of cool wildlife not to mention good fishing.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
QUOTE(vinniemays @ Jul 12 2009, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Since there was lots of traffic on the lake today me and a few buddies decided to go up to richmond and fish the belle river. We started wading down river and throwing rebel bugs and mepps. I was fishing with mepps and landed a nice 20 inch pike in the first 10 minutes followed by a baby smallie in one of the nexts casts. I caught a couple more undersized bass and lost a pike until I lost my mepps 3 in a tree. We called it a day in about 2 hours since the skeeters were so terrible. All in all I had a great time walking the river and getting some real steady action.
Also those guys at Anglers Pointe are great. I bought a mepps 3 there today and when i was pulling out of the lot the person behind the counter flagged me down. He stopped me to ask me and pick one of 2 lucky craft lipless cranks (which arent cheap). Real nice gesture. Im gonna go back there tommorow and buy about 5 more mepps haha. If youve never waded down a clear shallow river like the belle you should cause its a great time and you see alot of cool wildlife not to mention good fishing.

Nice report, and nice move Anglers Pointe. I hear they are a class act like Byron and Jimmys

1 - 2 of 2 Posts