Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody happen to have some type of picture or map with a circle/shaded area of where the belle river hump is? I came across a link to a map of Lake St. Clair that had the area circled/shaded, but now I can't find it and it's giving me gray hairs not being able to find it. I have a general idea of where it is, but wanted to pinpoint it so I'm not in the wrong area. Thanks!!

·
Registered
10,622 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info everybody, that second map is the one I was looking for. I actually found it upstairs next to some other paperwork. Must have fishing on the brain.

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
It's been a while since I have been over there and now you have woke up my curriosity.

The last time I was there I found it not to be worth the long run it took to get there.

Is it worth it? Thats my biggest question.....

Second tell me some stories of your best day fishing the hump, what you caught, how many, what you used, total weight etc.....

Like I said the last time I was there was several years back in mid summer. We fished it with tubes and caught several keeper bass but none bigger than 2.7 or so. If I recall my total weight that day was 5 fish 11.5 Lbs or so.... I can honestly say I've only fished it a couple of times and only that one time in a tourney.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't fished it myself, but I have heard people talk about it, dock talk, meetings, forums etc...I don't know if it holds any "big boys" at any time of year, but it sounds like it holds fish most of the year.

·
Registered
927 Posts
i cashed a check last season in the bfl thanks to the hump.

i have only fished it a few times. it is loaded with fish. if you drag a tube on that sucker your going to catch fish. most of them are in the 2 lb class, but if your not in a tourney or looking for the big bite, its a blast.

there are areas on the hump or around the hump that hold bigger fish, but i am not authorized to disclose any of that information.

spend some time out there. it really is one of the funnest places to fish on the pond in my opinion.

my best bite out there was with a good north wind. it water is choppy to say the least, and you will need a good drift sock, but that wind really turns the fish on.

madman himself

·
Registered
61 Posts
Timing.....Everybody fishes the hump.It's also very big.You have to be there at the right time.I fished it last summer & there were boats side by side.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was out there one time about 2 years ago with a newly aquired fishing buddy and we did great lots of 4 and 5 pounders in mid summer. But we were in the middle of nowhere and I didn't have a gps at the time. We used a drift sock and the wind was heavy. Drifted tubes, but the key to this area he told me is pinpointing certain rock piles and ledges that could be only 3ft by 3ft. This is where the big ones are but if you aren't in that 3ft circle your not catching them. So I guess just need to pay dues and drift around alot then mark in your gps when you catch a hog.

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Yeah but does anyone ever really catch and real numbers of solid fish? ..........solid meaning 3lbs or larger?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts