Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw it on Bassfan a little while ago...What are your thoughts? Is Berkley buying Stren to do away with the competition? Or, is it a matter of Berkley buying Stren's technologies? I really don't know what to think at this point...

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
I would say for all the reasons that happens.

h2o<---says more $$$ also

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Indeed, Stren, which was owned by Dupont was purchased by Pure Fishing which owns Berkley, Abu Garcia, Fenwick, Mitchell, Johnson and Spiderwire. Pure Fishing is doing what alot of companies do. Purchasing smaller companies and putting them out of business or using the newly aquired brands to "compete" against itself. It`s called a monopoly. It will keep the Stren name however as that brand is very popular. It shares the market about 50-50 with Berkley,s lines. Using Stren technologies perhaps Pure Fishing will come up with a new super, super line. Just when we we thought nothing could top Fireline. As long as it doesn`t lead to anymore job losses it should be OK, although when Rapala bought Storm, they changed the HotnTot.

·
Registered
927 Posts
well, i promised myself i would never buy anything "Pure Fishing" again, so now i have to find a new line to use.

this sucks, i love stren

madman himself

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I love Trilene guess I'll go to Cortland. Bob

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts