Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best thing to use to keep the birds at bay if possible. Seen the owl's and the inflatable things with the eye on em. Even a bunch of CD's hanging from fishline! What seems to work best for everyone? That damn crap stains and ya have to either rub it out or wait for it to bleach itself out.
Nothin like comin down after a week away and havin your boat bombed everywhere! It is amazing the places they can hit. I am convinced they target clean cars and boats and even occasional impossible to hit inverted areas!

·
Registered
769 Posts
rocks and firecrackers seem to be effective. I havent had a bird problem since ive scared them away. My top is still destroyed though, not only stained, but the flying rats put a hole in my bimini top picking at fishflies

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(SKUZA @ Aug 2 2004, 03:58 PM)Whats the best thing to use to keep the birds at bay if possible. Seen the owl's and the inflatable things with the eye on em. Even a bunch of CD's hanging from fishline! What seems to work best for everyone? That damn crap stains and ya have to either rub it out or wait for it to bleach itself out.
Nothin like comin down after a week away and havin your boat bombed everywhere! It is amazing the places they can hit. I am convinced they target clean cars and boats and even occasional impossible to hit inverted areas!

Well, without getting in too deep on how we share this polluted environment, i suggest a cover for your craft!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
A shotgun?

For the record, I posted that BEFORE I saw Gary's post.

·
Registered
530 Posts
alkaseltzer (sp?) damn birds look awefully funny when their insides are expanding

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Tell me about it ! I bought a house on Jefferson on the canal and didn't even think about the power lines running pretty close over the top of my boat hoist. I bought a mooring cover to help protect the boat but my blue cover will soon be white ! I tried one of those fake owls but i've seen the smallest of birds land right on it and take a dump on his head. Maybe I will try a real owl or a trained hawk or falcon, i hate bird crap !

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trust me a shotgun would be my first choice!
Sittin on the back of the boat sippin and shootin!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
QUOTE(Dookie @ Aug 2 2004, 06:35 PM)QUOTE(SKUZA @ Aug 2 2004, 03:58 PM) Whats the best thing to use to keep the birds at bay if possible. Seen the owl's and the inflatable things with the eye on em. Even a bunch of CD's hanging from fishline! What seems to work best for everyone? That damn crap stains and ya have to either rub it out or wait for it to bleach itself out.

Well, without getting in too deep on how we share this polluted environment, i suggest a cover for your craft!
Dookie,
It would be kinda hard to buy a full boat cover for a 42 foot Searay with a radar arch.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(JABBERJAWZ @ Aug 3 2004, 12:53 PM)QUOTE(Dookie @ Aug 2 2004, 06:35 PM) QUOTE(SKUZA @ Aug 2 2004, 03:58 PM) Whats the best thing to use to keep the birds at bay if possible. Seen the owl's and the inflatable things with the eye on em. Even a bunch of CD's hanging from fishline! What seems to work best for everyone? That damn crap stains and ya have to either rub it out or wait for it to bleach itself out.

Dookie,
It would be kinda hard to buy a full boat cover for a 42 foot Searay with a radar arch.
yup! i agree. But if it's worth asking about, input is gonna fly towards the person who asked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts